'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

CB to Florida from Bill Greene (OSU insider)

Would be a helluva coup for Mullen, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Kid has been too inconsistent, too all over the place for me to put any stock in a crystal ball. Avantae Williams’ 100% crystal ball from EVERYONE means I’ll never trust a CB again.

But if Mullen were to somehow land Evans, wow. Would mean two 5-star RB’s in Evans and Lingard, to supplement an already proven quality SEC RB in Dameon Pierce.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Would be a helluva coup for Mullen, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Kid has been too inconsistent, too all over the place for me to put any stock in a crystal ball. Avantae Williams’ 100% crystal ball from EVERYONE means I’ll never trust a CB again.

But if Mullen were to somehow land Evans, wow. Would mean two 5-star RB’s in Evans and Lingard, to supplement an already proven quality SEC RB in Dameon Pierce.
I thought Mullen couldn't recruit??!!

I will step aside and watch now....

Won’t have to worry about him being good at Florida because a kid like him will be in JUCO or a jail within 2 months of enrollment. Mullen doesn’t discipline those players at all. That’s why they end up with 5-6 being academically ineligible, arrested or transferring during the offseason, and that’s just the signees

Won’t have to worry about him being good at Florida because a kid like him will be in JUCO or a jail within 2 months of enrollment. Mullen doesn’t discipline those players at all. That’s why they end up with 5-6 being academically ineligible, arrested or transferring during the offseason, and that’s just the signees
Exactly. as I said, if I'm anyone around him with any influence, there is no way I'd let him go to Florida. Not a chance.

We aren't going to lose to Florida like that again for a very long time. If that's where he wants go, so be it. We coming.
Hope so, but heard that last year too. Ole Dan has had our number way more than butterteeth ever did. Really hope we even this thing out right away, but the last 2 games don't leave me with a ton of confidence.

Or maybe they were outliers...? Somehow UK has gone toe to toe with them the last 2 years and probably should be 2-0. Some of this is mindboggling, really.

Reactions: volsagain
I don't even understand many of the recent comments. Based on 1 butthurt mod CB, people suddenly think he's going to UF, where he hasn't even visited yet, nor met that cheeseball? I can't imagine a personality like his meshing with Mullen, nor being in a BFE town like Gainesville. I think he'll be shocked and step back, assuming he even takes that visit.

Hope so, but heard that last year too. Ole Dan has had our number way more than butterteeth ever did. Really hope we even this thing out right away, but the last 2 games don't leave me with a ton of confidence.

Or maybe they were outliers...? Somehow UK has gone toe to toe with them the last 2 years and probably should be 2-0. Some of this is mindboggling, really.

Well I've got a theory, requires some intense thought but I'm feeling confident.

Because we sucked early on last year. Now, we're trying not to.

We were adequate QB play away from making the game last year competitive. Defense got the turnovers but our offense was swiss cheese.
Pass D was too. Gave up 313(!) passing yards. Trask sliced us up, outside of the turnovers. It wasn't like Miss St, where our offense was given every chance to win it for us. Our D gave up a ton too. All around poor game if we are being honest.

Edit: our rush D was pretty good that game. Pruitt's specialty imo

But I would agree pass O was by far our worst unit that game. Mostly JG, but BM and JJ's TD through his hands didn't help either.

Last edited:
Pass D was too. Gave up 313(!) passing yards. Trask sliced us up, outside of the turnovers. It wasn't like Miss St, where our offense was given every chance to win it for us. Our D gave up a ton too. All around poor game if we are being honest.

Edit: our rush D was pretty good that game. Pruitt's specialty imo

But I would agree pass O was by far our worst unit that game. Mostly JG, but BM and JJ's TD through his hands didn't help either.
Agreed there...Our DLine version from the 2nd half of the season would have helped with the pass defense too. We definitely had some busted coverages though. I think this year should be a good game if we have solid QB play.

Reactions: Devo182
Agreed there...Our DLine version from the 2nd half of the season would have helped with the pass defense too. We definitely had some busted coverages though. I think this year should be a good game if we have solid QB play.
Yeah that early season pass rush was embarrassing. I couldn't believe how much time UF had. 😑 Only wish we could have faced them with that 2nd-half-of-the-year DL. They were soo good.

Different ballgame imo.

We really missed bituli the first 2 games.

VN Store

Back