'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

It was some pages back. Callahan and OM mods said he could and may sign a FAA. If he did so with an SEC school, it means he couldn't take a scholarship at any other SEC school.
If you're talking about a financial aid agreement, that's not binding to anyone until classes are attended. In the past, it's been reported that some guys signed those with multiple schools. Attending classes is the big deal here.

Reactions: alexvol
You could say that about any school that lands Evans. I'm convinced this young man has some serious problems to go along with his serious talent. I do not wish him to fail but it will be a miracle if he can last 3 years with the team that signs him. Maybe I am wrong...........
I was actually talking about how prone Kiffin is to breaking NCAA recruiting rules, pair that with Ole Miss's recent sanctions involving recruiting, and top it off with such a high profile recruit seems like a recipe for disaster. I don't think it is the same for every school.

Absolutely. He’s a cancer, well you cut him loose. We aren’t damaging any relationships in Houston by hypothetically do so. No harm I can see. We should have a strong locker room now.

This is where I've been.
Some out on him like he's on trial for a violent crime.
Others defending everything like "bet the other universities just missing and not passing" and "any previous issues are probably his coach's fault". Don't buy that either.
But nothing I'm aware makes me think Pruitt can't either handle him or send him packing.
1 spot is all we really have on the line if the staff is still dedicated to getting him, imo.

This is where I've been.
Some out on him like he's on trial for a violent crime.
Others defending everything like "bet the other universities just missing and not passing" and "any previous issues are probably his coach's fault". Don't buy that either.
But nothing I'm aware makes me think Pruitt can't either handle him or send him packing.
1 spot is all we really have on the line if the staff is still dedicated to getting him, imo.

I would suspect that the staff is measuring his actions and reactions during this phase of his recruitment to UT. If he is playing games and not demonstrating a capability of stability moving forward then I can see us politely claim we are out of spots and backing away. Risk reward analysis can be really tricky when dealing with any kid, and especially one with dealings with other staffs that have left him unable to execute standard documents to complete the process. I don't see a clear indication he is a good risk, nor an unacceptable risk. I would not sell out to pursue him and put the program in a position of being embarrassed by his final decision at a hat ceremony. Hate to end this class process on a sour note.

I would suspect that the staff is measuring his actions and reactions during this phase of his recruitment to UT. If he is playing games and not demonstrating a capability of stability moving forward then I can see us politely claim we are out of spots and backing away. Risk reward analysis can be really tricky when dealing with any kid, and especially one with dealings with other staffs that have left him unable to execute standard documents to complete the process. I don't see a clear indication he is a good risk, nor an unacceptable risk. I would not sell out to pursue him and put the program in a position of being embarrassed by his final decision at a hat ceremony. Hate to end this class process on a sour note.
Guntersville?

Lawrence Phillips had a lot of red flags before he became a rapist. He became a rapist after college....
Aaron Hernandez became a killer after college....but there were red flags there as well.
Neither of those statements are accurate. Both guys were disasters before and during their collegiate careers. Bad comparison.

My understanding was he basically con’d Stallworth into going pro, while having zero intentions of doing so himself, eliminating the competition, so he would basically be “the man”. Just what I remember, but that was a long time ago and I don’t know if that’s true or not?
GBO!!
Spread all the way to Texas if just a rumor.

Haven't heard anything specific but, given AV's comments on his very real and extensive issues, and the fact that even he felt like he would have to intervene for Evans, should he sign here; signing Evans sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I keep thinking about Onterrio Smith, when reading about Evans...dude was a beast but flamed out bc he couldn't stay out of trouble.

VN Store

Back