'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

247 put up an update on him. Wasn't able to read it. But sounds like Florida State is now trying to get him to visit this weekend.
“Cam Akers went there so imma visit.....maybe, idk, could, they beat GA? nah I prob won’t visit”

*this weekend*

FSU Mod: Evans is here
Evans interview after visit: I decided to come

Just giving you crap.
It just seems like something this kid would do.
Here’s hoping he visits here.
oh, i'm good.....

yeah, hope he does. maybe he figures out that with the locker room we have, leadership we have, O line, QB, and the RB room we have, it's actually a good fit for someone that's looking for a change of scenery and wants to be part of something on the come up.

i'm not sure that's who this kid is tho, so if he goes elsewhere, like Ole Miss for instance, then that probably tells you what you need to know. which is fine too. but if stability, structure, leadership and competition are factors he's really considering, i would think we'd have that in spades over FSU and Ole Miss for sure. and aTm is apparently giving him ultimatums.....so who knows. UF would make sense too, except for the fact folks seem to continue to get in trouble down there, so i don't know how good that environment, in general, is for a kid with whatever dispostion he seems to have.

i certainly don't blame us for kicking the tires here....

I just hope this dude doesn’t complain about touches and **** like that, then quits on his team half way thru the season. Sorry Hurd flashbacks
Don't think Hurd's complaints were about lack of touches. They were about being lied to about incorporating more i formation and downhill runs. Which were valid in retrospect.

Sounds like a young man who may benefit from a change of scenery. Being around and listening to better people may help humble him down. My unsolicited advice would be sign him if you can and see if he will adapt to a better environment. If not, send him back home.

That Evans is very forthcoming and candid in every interview.

At this point in recruiting, I don't take anything written or said at face value. I will say this, however, if I'm going to take a chance on a potential problem, it's not going to be a lying juvenile and his lying family. Nope, I'll stick my neck out for a guy who been likened to an Adrian Peterson type talent.

I just hope this dude doesn’t complain about touches and **** like that, then quits on his team half way thru the season. Sorry Hurd flashbacks
I'm thinking Preston. I remember him talking as much about modeling as football, like football wasn't #1. Evans seems to say similar things in that one interview. That said, Preston turned out fine with the right staff. Maybe Evans can be too.

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back