'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I find it hilarious all the people who are saying they don’t want him. The kid is a freak athlete and a game changer. Is he a problem? Maybe but if he is I’m sure Smith, Kennedy, Mays and all the other big ugly’s will whip him into shape quick or he will sit the bench and transfer. We have enough talent next year that if he doesn’t become a team player he won’t touch the ball and will transfer. If he plays the game like a big boy we have the best O-Line in the SEC with 3 legit SEC starting RBs.

I find it hilarious all the people who are saying they don’t want him. The kid is a freak athlete and a game changer. Is he a problem? Maybe but if he is I’m sure Smith, Kennedy, Mays and all the other big ugly’s will whip him into shape quick or he will sit the bench and transfer. We have enough talent next year that if he doesn’t become a team player he won’t touch the ball and will transfer. If he plays the game like a big boy we have the best O-Line in the SEC with 3 legit SEC starting RBs.

I like your take.

One of the things I think is interesting is the character vs talent debate. But it makes me wonder some of the talented stars that UT has had over its history, if Twitter and the internet had been prominent back then how many would say "nope, pass"

I'm sure some of our greats probably did/acted/said things that most wouldn't like when they were in highschool and young but we never heard about it, they ended up here at balled out.

Reactions: bagofvols
For someone who doesn’t know how to decipher that, can you explain what’s being said here?
I posted about Zach Evans being involved with Tennessee and that we’re going in home

Zach Evans himself saw it and replied “false”

So either he lied or Ryan Callahan lied... looks like Evans was the one that lied

I posted about Zach Evans being involved with Tennessee and that we’re going in home

So either he lied or Ryan Callahan lied... looks like Evans was the one that lied

giphy.gif

Reactions: CAVPUT and VOLSONLY

Smokescreen. Seriously, I'll just say what I said 30+ pages ago. I don't want this kid, he just reeks of problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhen713
fortunately we dont have a dog in the fight.

This has been a strange cycle.

Kid may literally be out there trolling every team.

I hope the new fad in recruiting isnt to force other teams to spend money and allocate resources elsewhere, knowing a kid has signed.

If so, TN should send Auburn and Ronnie Garner a bill.

FYI, we dont turn away this kid.

I like your take.

One of the things I think is interesting is the character vs talent debate. But it makes me wonder some of the talented stars that UT has had over its history, if Twitter and the internet had been prominent back then how many would say "nope, pass"

I'm sure some of our greats probably did/acted/said things that most wouldn't like when they were in highschool and young but we never heard about it, they ended up here at balled out.

When bad character starts eroding a locker room...that is when it is not worth it. It can be absorbed if you have enough good character leadership, but it is like poisoning a well a drop at a time. Sooner or later that bill comes due.

I don't want a flash in the pan, really talented, winning team that is good for a year or two...I want a long lasting winning program that is built on, and has real Tennessee Volunteer team values.

I have seen enough selfish rot in the last 10 years to last a lifetime from the program I love. I want talent, but I want talent that understands the words TEAM FIRST.

Team chemistry is incredibly important at the college level. We've seen our own team disintegrate because of players who put themselves ahead of the team. Surely you haven't forgotten the effect of "me first" players towards the end of Butch's tenure. It can become a poison that destroys unity and sense of purpose. Sometimes remarkable talent can blind a coach to the disruption effect of a selfish player but the team has to pay the price and it rarely works out well.

The best Tennessee team of my adult life was led by Al Wilson. I'm sure most of you know the story where a defensive lineman had dogged it in practice one day and started developing the "I'm a star" attitude. Wilson invited him out to the parking lot to "discuss" his lack of effort. That lineman who outweighed Al by 70 lbs very wisely declined.

If the stories are true, I say pass on this kid. We don't need a cancer in our very young locker room.

I like your take.

Kind of funny, but it seems I remember hearing some bad things about Kevin Mays himself from someone who was dating his mother that would have disqualified him in some people's minds.

Team chemistry is incredibly important at the college level. We've seen our own team disintegrate because of players who put themselves ahead of the team. Surely you haven't forgotten the effect of "me first" players towards the end of Butch's tenure. It can become a poison that destroys unity and sense of purpose. Sometimes remarkable talent can blind a coach to the disruption effect of a selfish player but the team has to pay the price and it rarely works out well.

The best Tennessee team of my adult life was led by Al Wilson. I'm sure most of you know the story where a defensive lineman had dogged it in practice one day and started developing the "I'm a star" attitude. Wilson invited him out to the parking lot to "discuss" his lack of effort. That lineman who outweighed Al by 70 lbs very wisely declined.

If the stories are true, I say pass on this kid. We don't need a cancer in our very young locker room.
Good coaches and leaders know how to deal with it. That locker room is all Pruitt’s now. Got rid of any and all the Butch holdouts causing unrest. Any kid brought in now will not only have to deal with Pruitt and the coaching staff but the entire team. If the coaches are good with it, I’m good with it.

When bad character starts eroding a locker room...that is when it is not worth it. It can be absorbed if you have enough good character leadership, but it is like poisoning a well a drop at a time. Sooner or later that bill comes due.

I don't want a flash in the pan, really talented, winning team that is good for a year or two...I want a long lasting winning program that is built on, and has real Tennessee Volunteer team values.

I have seen enough selfish rot in the last 10 years to last a lifetime from the program I love. I want talent, but I want talent that understands the words TEAM FIRST.

This times 1000! Makes me think back to the Kelly Washington days and more recent times also...😡

The program needs to be built the right way. No short cuts just to grab a 5* that may or may not even amount to anything.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This times 1000! Makes me think back to the Kelly Washington days and more recent times also...😡

The program needs to be built the right way. No short cuts just to grab a 5* that may or may not even amount to anything.
Kelly Washington was exactly who I was thinking of when I posted this.

Reactions: Vols_Life
It would be pretty dumb if him to go to UGA at this point and for UGA to take him. Trust is gone. As soon as one thing happens on either side it’s will get ugly. Better off going elsewhere. I think they just don’t want him going to TN or Florida so they are playing games again

VN Store

Back