'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Evans is an enigmatic, free-spirited guy who reminds me of Arian Foster personality-wise. Interesting read on him from last summer:

Evans still doesnā€™t watch much football in his free time. What he does occasionally take in is highlights of running backs he respects like Petersen, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott; Elliott and Evans share the same ā€œZekeā€ moniker ā€“ a nickname of Evansā€™ since youth. Evans also closely follows his 2020 competition, watching their highlights and mimicking their best moves in his mind.

ā€œIt wasnā€™t football for Zachary,ā€ Sterling said. ā€œItā€™s really still not. Heā€™s really good at it, but football is just not him. He donā€™t watch football. He donā€™t talk about football. None of that. I wonā€™t say itā€™s not something he doesnā€™t want to do, because of course he wants to do it. But he just wasnā€™t attracted to it. It just didnā€™t catch his attention.ā€

Ask Evans what he wants to be known for, and he starts with the cookie cutter answer of a ā€œgreat playerā€ before rolling toward more intriguing territory. ā€œI want people to realize Iā€™m genuine. No matter what when you get Zach, you get 100 percent Zach. You get the football player. You get everything.ā€

The phrase ā€œeverythingā€ means many things to the masses who follow Evans. Heā€™s the No. 1 running back in the country. Heā€™s the next Adrian Petersen. Heā€™s a recruiting mystery. Heā€™s a recruiting headache. Heā€™s an artist. Heā€™s someone whoā€™s lost people. Heā€™s someone who hurts. Heā€™s young with too much responsibility. Heā€™s a soon-to-be high school senior with the profile of a legendary figure.
Ink, pain, mystery: The world according to Zach Evans

JMO but if we're serious about signing another RB, I'd prefer that we offer Jalen White, who I believe is tremendously underrated and more likely to be a reliable team player than Evans. Probably too late, though, given his upcoming visits to Florida and Florida State.
Daleville's Jalen White named Class 2A Back of the Year by Alabama Sports Writers Association

I think I'm spot on about this kid. The more I read about him.

I actually like that he doesn't, eat sleep and breathe football. But what else is he filling his perosnal time with? How committed is he to the "team"?

He as the "Achilles " mindset. Wants to be remembered as a great man who stood on his own. Would fight for the team but not necessarily with them.

I'm happy with what we have...
I don't know...we'll see I guess.

Herm Edwards and Arizona State would be the exact right place for this kid imo.

However, Pruitt is also another good option.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
I liked Chase Brice coming out of Hs but I donā€™t think it makes sense for us to take him as a grad transfer and it reallly doesnā€™t make sense for him to come here with the talent potential of our QB room. Is there a set in stone guy? No but there a lot of talented competition that is more talented physically than he is. His intangibles is what was always intriguing. He was never scared to compete though as he wouldnā€™t have went to Clemson in first place if he was.

Love when nerds find it hard to believe others could have been great athletes. The idea is so foreign to them it's hilarious. Yes former college and professional athletes use this board.
It was a joke hoss. No need to get upset. Just giving you a hard time.

VN Store

Back