'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

43 TD’s and 6,000+ all purpose yards between them is more than “complimentary.” Check
YouTube for a reminder. Both guys were ridiculous, perhaps overshadowed some by Percy and Tebow.
Yeah, so ? Cordarrelle Patterson had 2000 all-purpose yards and 10 TDs in one year at UT and I don't consider him a Vols legend. Demps and Rainey couldn't carry CP's jock. Guess it doesn't take much to be a Gators legend

I specifically said “legendary duo.” And they are and always will be. But hey, you’ve got Cordarelle Patterson. 😂
Has anyone claimed Patterson is a Knoxville "legend"?

Is there a ton of baggage with this guy? Sorry, haven't read the entire thread.
To me the "baggage" seems blown way out of proportion by the holier-than-thou crowd. He was suspended from some games in high school. One time being the state championship game. Looks to me him and his coach did not get along. Reports from others who have spent time around him said he is a good kid.

Reactions: TechnoVol
Do you realize what you have done?

Welcome to the new DW thread.
Not trying to make a big deal over nothing. Simply saw that comment and wondered if it was legit or someone just messing around. It’s hard to tell on here most of the time. The lack of big time running back recruits coming here the last several years has been a concern so if there is even a possibility of landing a guy like this (baggage and all) I think we should go all in. I never even thought of us as even a long shot for him so that comment stood out.

Reactions: memtownvol
Well, when one thinks about Patterson, no ones first thought is him telling a female “time to die”. Can’t say the same for Rainey.

Yep, because only Florida players say and do stupid things in college. 👍🏻

I like CP, but don't consider him a Vol Legend. He's certainly had a better NFL career than Demps and Rainey combined though.

I like Patterson too, he was great for that season with Bray.

Demps/Rainey were nearly identical players, both very similar numbers and both had numerous highlight-reel runs and catches and returns throughout their careers. They were interchangeable on the field and the main RB’s on some of UF’s greatest teams. Dan Mullen was their OC for most of it.

My point for even bringing them up was that RB’s can thrive under Mullen. They were two of serval examples.

I like Patterson too, he was great for that season with Bray.

Demps/Rainey were nearly identical players, both very similar numbers and both had numerous highlight-reel runs and catches and returns throughout their careers. They were interchangeable on the field and the main RB’s on some of UF’s greatest teams. Dan Mullen was their OC for most of it.

My point for even bringing them up was that RB’s can thrive under Mullen. They were two of serval examples.
Haven't most of Mullen's successful RBs been speed guys though? His system is the same as Meyer's in that it's about using speed to outrun your opponents for the most part. It doesn't really seem designed for prototypical RBs.

I just clicked on this thread out of boredom and saw someone mention the coaches are visiting with this kid!? Is that legit info or what? I haven’t see this mentioned anywhere else. Would be huge, albeit risky, but worth the risk. Just not sold on anyone in our current backfield or anyone coming in next year maybe outside of Gray. But he has to get bigger to take the next step. Evans would be a huge steal at this point if there is really anything to it. Would appreciate any info if anyone has any :)
What's the big risk? It's just a few airline tickets

Haven't most of Mullen's successful RBs been speed guys though? His system is the same as Meyer's in that it's about using speed to outrun your opponents for the most part. It doesn't really seem designed for prototypical RBs.

Lamical Perine isn’t necessarily a speed guy. He’ll probably run about a 4.6 or so. Demps and Rainey were sub 4.5, easy. Jordan Scarlett was your prototypical RB, so were the Miss State guys.

Would be nice to get this guy, lone chance left at a 5 star recruit. Could build on the solid finish and light a spark going into 2021 recruiting. We got 3 spots left if I’m not mistaken. Imagine Evans, Beckwith, Wideman to close it out. That’s be sweeeeet!

VN Store

Back