'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I'm willing to wait until I make a definitive pronouncement
Curious what your eyes see that tells you he could play RB at a D1 school. I'm not trying to rude. I see slow guy with stiff hips playing against Tennessee School For the Blind in his highlights. Yes I am familiar with his reported 40 time. Again not trying to be rude but please enlighten me as I genuinely want to be proven wrong.

Curious what your eyes see that tells you he could play RB at a D1 school. I'm not trying to rude. I see slow guy with stiff hips playing against Tennessee School For the Blind in his highlights. Yes I am familiar with his reported 40 time. Again not trying to be rude but please enlighten me as I genuinely want to be proven wrong.
I can't prove you wrong. That's not my intention. My ideal running back would be another Earl Campbell and I'm just hoping for one.

What is his reported 40 time?

Bwaa-ha-ha ! I was about to say good post, bringing facts until u posted, "legendary duo of Demps and Rainey". U were kidding (blue font), right ?

Kidding about what? Both Demps and Rainey accounted for over 3,000 all-purpose yards at UF and both won SEC and National championships. They had 43 career TD’s between them (Demps - 24, Rainey - 19). They played the same positions at the same time and were an awesome combo at UF. Both had more highlight reel plays than I can list in all phases of the game; rushing, receiving, return game, even blocking punts. Both were known for world-class speed at a time when it was Urban Meyer’s stated goal to be the “fastest team in America.” Rainey was a First-team all-SEC, Demps was a world record holding sprinter and Olympic Silver medalist. Yes, they are a lengendary duo in Gainesville.

Last edited:
Kidding about what? Both Demps and Rainey accounted for over 3,000 all-purpose yards at UF and both won SEC and National championships. They had 43 career TD’s between them (Demps - 24, Rainey - 19). They played the same positions at the same time and were an awesome combo at UF. Both had more highlight reel plays than I can list in all phases of the game; rushing, receiving, return game, even blocking punts. Both were known for world-class speed at a time when it was Urban Meyer’s stated goal to be the “fastest team in America.” Yes, are a lengendary duo in Gainesville.
Can you confirm the rumor they used to play tummy sticks after games?

Kidding about what? Both Demps and Rainey accounted for over 3,000 all-purpose yards at UF and both won SEC and National championships. They had 43 career TD’s between them (Demps - 24, Rainey - 19). They played the same positions at the same time and were an awesome combo at UF. Both had more highlight reel plays than I can list in all phases of the game; rushing, receiving, return game, even blocking punts. Both were known for world-class speed at a time when it was Urban Meyer’s stated goal to be the “fastest team in America.” Yes, are a lengendary duo in Gainesville.
Emmit Smith and Fred Taylor are legendary RBs from Florida. Demps and Rainey are nice complementary players that played on some good teams.

Kidding about what? Both Demps and Rainey accounted for over 3,000 all-purpose yards at UF and both won SEC and National championships. They had 43 career TD’s between them (Demps - 24, Rainey - 19). They played the same positions at the same time and were an awesome combo at UF. Both had more highlight reel plays than I can list in all phases of the game; rushing, receiving, return game, even blocking punts. Both were known for world-class speed at a time when it was Urban Meyer’s stated goal to be the “fastest team in America.” Rainey was a First-team all-SEC, Demps was a world record holding sprinter and Olympic Silver medalist. Yes, they are a lengendary duo in Gainesville.
Legends of Gainesville. They should make a series. They can start with Aaron Hernandez.

Emmit Smith and Fred Taylor are legendary RBs from Florida. Demps and Rainey are nice complementary players that played on some good teams.

43 TD’s and 6,000+ all purpose yards between them is more than “complimentary.” Check
YouTube for a reminder. Both guys were ridiculous, perhaps overshadowed some by Percy and Tebow.

I just clicked on this thread out of boredom and saw someone mention the coaches are visiting with this kid!? Is that legit info or what? I haven’t see this mentioned anywhere else. Would be huge, albeit risky, but worth the risk. Just not sold on anyone in our current backfield or anyone coming in next year maybe outside of Gray. But he has to get bigger to take the next step. Evans would be a huge steal at this point if there is really anything to it. Would appreciate any info if anyone has any :)

VN Store

Back