'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Not liking the Gray/Ty combo in terms of a power running game. There will be times we just need to line up and move the pile. Guess we could just keep doing what we're doing, but I'd really like a consistent power back to compliment Gray.

When we run those sets with Cade at TE (which UGA did this year) it may not matter who’s running it.

I have to like a post whenever someone slams a JG fan who has blinders on but I really would like to see updates on Zachary Evans once in a while on a thread with his name on it.

Likely LSU but could be aTm, if I had to pk I'd say 60/40 LSU. See what the UGA ppl don't know is the cosching staff is the blame for all this. They had the kid did their part then dropped the ball. This had nothing to do with diddley squat about handlers, his family, or none of that. UGA got too comfortable and wanted to treat the #1 Rb like a regular top 300 kid after the silent commitment. See when ppl are knocking down the door and showing the kid love and you've failed to do so that's all on you. Then having the audacity to tell the kid he can't EE totally unacceptable when a kid has busted their behind to graduate early and come in and compete due to earlier agreements that the HV made with him.

Likely LSU but could be aTm, if I had to pk I'd say 60/40 LSU. See what the UGA ppl don't know is the cosching staff is the blame for all this. They had the kid did their part then dropped the ball. This had nothing to do with diddley squat about handlers, his family, or none of that. UGA got too comfortable and wanted to treat the #1 Rb like a regular top 300 kid after the silent commitment. See when ppl are knocking down the door and showing the kid love and you've failed to do so that's all on you. Then having the audacity to tell the kid he can't EE totally unacceptable when a kid has busted their behind to graduate early and come in and compete due to earlier agreements that the HV made with him.
giphy.gif

I’m fuzzy on what’s involved in “allowing” a signee to enroll early. Is there a max allowed? If they’re qualified, why would they be denied? Is it because it affects the 25 man limit?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I’m fuzzy on what’s involved in “allowing” a signee to enroll early. Is there a max allowed? If they’re qualified, why would they be denied? Is it because it affects the 25 man limit?

@butchna when it was asked no true explanation was given as far as my knowledge goes.

Reactions: butchna
This is what is wrong with college athletics. These kids are treated as privileged. I would never support UGA for any reason but have to admire them for controlling this situation and sending this kid on his way. I am not a goody two shoes by any means but the credibility of these universities and higher education needs to re-assess the ethics surrounding the NCAA and athletics. This just devalues the degrees for other graduates.
If you want to run a system controlled by athletics move it to a farm league and let these primadonnas stay in cheap hotels and ride the bus to the game. That way they will see they have to earn their own way and appreciate it. Why not, they already act like they do not owe the universities anything for the use of their system.

This is what is wrong with college athletics. These kids are treated as privileged. I would never support UGA for any reason but have to admire them for controlling this situation and sending this kid on his way. I am not a goody two shoes by any means but the credibility of these universities and higher education needs to re-assess the ethics surrounding the NCAA and athletics. This just devalues the degrees for other graduates.
If you want to run a system controlled by athletics move it to a farm league and let these primadonnas stay in cheap hotels and ride the bus to the game. That way they will see they have to earn their own way and appreciate it. Why not, they already act like they do not owe the universities anything for the use of their system.

Wth are you talking about? The kid asked out because UGA has bigger problems. Coaches lying and kids leaving left and right. They hv a lot more to worry about than Zach. All the primadon a crap you work hard to be the #1 in the country so you earn tge right to get whatever it is you want.

Wth are you talking about? The kid asked out because UGA has bigger problems. Coaches lying and kids leaving left and right. They hv a lot more to worry about than Zach. All the primadon a crap you work hard to be the #1 in the country so you earn tge right to get whatever it is you want.
UGA, or any school, should have the right to tell him that he would not be an early entry since there are recent questions about his character. If he does not need the academic system let him go straight to the NFL. You think NFL teams might want to look at his background?

Yes. you are right. UGA has massive problems. Kids going to the NFL and transferring out, doing whatever it takes to get away from the lying coaching staff. Evans was completely hoodwinked into signing and when he realized what he'd done, he naturally asked out. Expect the rest of the #3, with the highest average recruiting rank, signing class to transfer out. They will not sign anyone on NSD except a few picked over two and three stars that Vanderbilt rejected. They will be lucky to finish 4-8 next year, 6th in the East ahead of Vandy. Man, they have problems.

Reactions: Rejo
Excellent! Go ahead and fill us in on some of the other things you are hearing that is going on at Georgia. It is obvious with so many jumping ship, that there is a dumpster fire about to explode there.

UGA, or any school, should have the right to tell him that he would not be an early entry since there are recent questions about his character. If he does not need the academic system let him go straight to the NFL. You think NFL teams might want to look at his background?

Hey man you're reaching and rambling about nothing. Last I checked you hv to hv 3 yrs college before the NFL. The kid will definitely be fine. He can pk and choose wherever he wants to go. He has limited that by choice. You know why he can? He's the #1 Rb in America out of all the kids playing hs football in the country NUMERO UNO. Now have a blessed day and stop talking out the side of your neck.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Yes. you are right. UGA has massive problems. Kids going to the NFL and transferring out, doing whatever it takes to get away from the lying coaching staff. Evans was completely hoodwinked into signing and when he realized what he'd done, he naturally asked out. Expect the rest of the #3, with the highest average recruiting rank, signing class to transfer out. They will not sign anyone on NSD except a few picked over two and three stars that Vanderbilt rejected. They will be lucky to finish 4-8 next year, 6th in the East ahead of Vandy. Man, they have problems.

If you cant see it then you're obviously blind. That signing class will be tested very early because many will be forced to play. Playing freshmen is never a good thing when they have to play too many early. Offensively the have no OL and no qb. They hv Rbs and Pickens. Now the defense will be solid but even there on that side kids are leaving. Also UGA has the worst OL coach and OC in the SEC East only in front of Mizzou and Vandy

Last edited:
Why this thread gets this much run... I've no idea. He's not even on our radar and he's not going to UGA. We won't even ever play him outside an sec title game.

Lol

I think at this point its people arguing with de1 and people enjoying reading/discussing about uga having problems.

As far as this young man goes - I've read what de1 says but I have to take it with a grain of salt because he's naturally biased towards the npa kids. Theres a lot of smoke out there about this young man having issues. So the truth might be somewhere in the middle. We do know uga lies to kids and there is shady stuff going on there. Idk.... I trust our coaching staff beyond measure at this point. Doesn't seem like we're pursuing this kid, and maybe that's because he's not interested in us. Personally since its not us I'm hoping he picks LSU and runs all over Florida for three years.

VN Store

Back