'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

When did the possession of a phone become an inalienable right?there is no reason for a football player to have a phone on him while he is preparing for a football game.
Hey I was just asking plus it was taken at curfew per reports so I doubt he was preparing for a football game at that time. Plus in today’s world cell phones are utilized heavily for parents to communicate with their children. I do not know the coaches reasons for confiscating the phones but on the surface I find it an odd rule for a coach to set.

Well, kicking rocks might hurt.
giphy.gif

One of our Managers and friend of mine who lives and ref's in Houston texted me yesterday that he was suspended due to he refused to give his cell phone to the coach at the hotel. That's all that happened and my friend is close to the family and others on same team. He thinks the coach was trying to set an example that it's the team not one person. My friend says he is a good kid and his family is big into church and he is really a mild kid around his family. Just passing on what I was told and don't shoot the messenger.

This is a fact and the total truth. Zachary is one of our NPA-Tx kids. This was a silly stunt by the coach and nobody not even coaches on the staff or pther players understood the logic. Anyhow they didn't need him to win as the 5* qb on Duncanville who's going to Texas had torn his ACL. The qb won MVP for the second yr in a row and is a special talent. He recently committed to VaTech.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
My friend swears he is a good kid but I told him he sounds like a headcase to me. My friend also said he visited Texas AM a week or so ago and went on the Texas AM visit wearing LSU gear. I mean who does that. Kind of stupid from the kid if you asked me and he should be more respectful to the hosting school who invited him for a official visit.
It gets worse, world Class troll.

Reactions: AllVolinGA
Hey I was just asking plus it was taken at curfew per reports so I doubt he was preparing for a football game at that time. Plus in today’s world cell phones are utilized heavily for parents to communicate with their children. I do not know the coaches reasons for confiscating the phones but on the surface I find it an odd rule for a coach to set.

Yep. Completely stupid.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
weirder than having to make out with/grope the coaches wife as you exit the bus?

Reactions: gainesvol82
Yep. Completely stupid.
From a Houston-area paper:

“...The North Shore Mustangs were asked to give up their phones last night to focus on their much-anticipated rematch with Duncanville.

Everyone complied. Zach Evans did not. He was asked repeatedly. He would not.

Knowing coach Jon Kay, athletic director Vivian Dancy and superintendent Dr. Angi Williams, every "I" was "dotted" and every "T" was crossed. Galena Park ISD is first class and always does the "right" thing.

According to sources close to the situation, the decision went up the chain-of-command and the decision was made. Zach Evans, the nation's top recruit, was sent home.

Keep in mind, this is not an isolated incident. Evans was suspended earlier in the season for three games. It was handled in-house....”

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

“...The North Shore Mustangs were asked to give up their phones last night to focus on their much-anticipated rematch with Duncanville.

Knowing coach Jon Kay, athletic director Vivian Dancy and superintendent Dr. Angi Williams, every "I" was "dotted" and every "T" was crossed. Galena Park ISD is first class and always does the "right" thing.

According to sources close to the situation, the decision went up the chain-of-command and the decision was made. Zach Evans, the nation's top recruit, was sent home.

Keep in mind, this is not an isolated incident. Evans was suspended earlier in the season for three games. It was handled in-house....”
Sounds like the young man needs a big slice of humble pie.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

If it was trivial as the cell phone issue, it sounds like someone may have an axe to grind against the kid or have a huge ego issue. IDK , the different reports of his character , church going vs thug/malcontent , do not reconcile easily.

If it was trivial as the cell phone issue, it sounds like someone may have an axe to grind against the kid or have a huge ego issue. IDK , the different reports of his character , church going vs thug/malcontent , do not reconcile easily.
The prior 3-game suspension may have played into the final decision to suspend for the title game.

Reactions: onevol74

You can go to church and still be a problematic personality.

Edited because I don't like the characterization of the word thug.

Or sometimes there are just bad apples, just because bad apples can be in the same basket as good apples - doesn't make them good apples. Just saying, not necessarily talking about Evans. LOL I think everything is going to work out just fine - Georgia. LOL

I didn’t call him thug but others did on VN. However the word “Thug” is entirely appropriate for some.

Wasn't calling you out. My original post was that one could go to church and still be a thug, but I don't like the connotations involved with that word personally, so I changed my own statement. Nothing against you at all.

VN Store

Back