'21 TX QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio State transfer)

He’s not going to A&M. They already have 2022 top 25 player Connor Weigman committed.

These are the kind of kids I do not want on our roster. They are divas and everything is all about them. I mean you are a true FR who should still be in HS, and you already transfer? These type kids don’t have the drive and work ethic to be successful. I’ll go on record and say he will be a bust.

These are the kind of kids I do not want on our roster. They are divas and everything is all about them. I mean you are a true FR who should still be in HS, and you already transfer? These type kids don’t have the drive and work ethic to be successful. I’ll go on record and say he will be a bust.
I mean he is the top rated QB from last year and there were like 2 other 5 star QBs on the roster. I understand him transferring. The current QB is a Sophomore (5 star) so Quinn wouldn’t play for Atleast 1 more year maybe 2.

You can’t put him in the same category as normal transfers who don’t get their way. Kid is definitely not a bust. He was just promised something they couldn’t actually offer.

Honestly, 5 star QBs need to learn from this, go somewhere where you have a chance to start not somewhere there is already 2 other 5 stars. I get not being afraid of competition and all but come on…..

I will say this without a hint of hyperbole - if Steve Sarkisian doesn’t land Quinn Ewers, he is done at Texas. He may serve in the head coach position another year or two, but after the disaster he put on the field this year and his recruiting class foundering, if the QB guru can’t land a home state player who was formerly committed to the school, then he’s not going to make it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I will say this without a hint of hyperbole - if Steve Sarkisian doesn’t land Quinn Ewers, he is done at Texas. He may serve in the head coach position another year or two, but after the disaster he put on the field this year and his recruiting class foundering, if the QB guru can’t land a home state player who was formerly committed to the school, then he’s not going to make it.

QB guru?

Also maybe I missed some things. They’re 7th in recruiting rankings. Are they floundering?

giphy.gif

Reactions: MarcoVol
I mean he is the top rated QB from last year and there were like 2 other 5 star QBs on the roster. I understand him transferring. The current QB is a Sophomore (5 star) so Quinn wouldn’t play for Atleast 1 more year maybe 2.

You can’t put him in the same category as normal transfers who don’t get their way. Kid is definitely not a bust. He was just promised something they couldn’t actually offer.

Honestly, 5 star QBs need to learn from this, go somewhere where you have a chance to start not somewhere there is already 2 other 5 stars. I get not being afraid of competition and all but come on…..
The article concerning this in the Athletic makes sense. tOSU was actually hurt by having no choice but to accept. He doesn’t reclassify and he falls in the natural order behind Stroud who more than likely declares next season. That house of cards I reference erry time the debate pops up on whether to try and land multiple face of the program type QBs in the same class…it doesn’t work. They have too many options.

QB guru?

Also maybe I missed some things. They’re 7th in recruiting rankings. Are they floundering?
Just because you are 7th in recruiting doesn’t mean you aren’t floundering. They were 5-7 this year and their last 3 recruiting classes have been ranked 9, 3 and 3.

Reactions: onevol74
As a program, they certainly aren’t trending up, recruiting rankings be damned. Speaks to their poor development that theyve had 3 straight top 10 (and 2 top 5) classes but can’t even win 6 in a weak league.

Agree completely. I was only disagreeing on the idea their recruiting is floundering.

As a program? Yes, floundering.

Reactions: Volnatic
We might be hurting for talented depth but I don't think Ohio State has that problem. Unless the other top ranked QB they signed transferred I don't think it will hurt them. They signed two 5 star defensive players from the state of Washington last year. It must be nice.

VN Store

Back