'21 TX QB Quinn Ewers (Ohio State transfer)

QB guru?

Also maybe I missed some things. They’re 7th in recruiting rankings. Are they floundering?

QB guru - Yes. He’s put tons of college QB’s in the pros going back to his days at USC as an assistant, even ones who had no business getting drafted. He’s the primary reason Arch Manning is even considering Texas.

“Foundering”:
80254412-6182-4B82-B9B9-866A9638FD97.jpeg
They have been going after a lot of blue chip targets and missing on all of them. If it keeps up they’ll probably finish in the 12-15 range once the other schools pass them on NSD.

QB guru - Yes. He’s put tons of college QB’s in the pros going back to his days at USC as an assistant, even ones who had no business getting drafted. He’s the primary reason Arch Manning is even considering Texas.

“Foundering”:
View attachment 417475
They have been going after a lot of blue chip targets and missing on all of them. If it keeps up they’ll probably finish in the 12-15 range once the other schools pass them on NSD.

Oh wow I can’t read worth a sh*t. However I wouldn’t be surprised if they still finish top 10.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Oh wow I can’t read worth a sh*t. However I wouldn’t be surprised if they still finish top 10.
It’s possible, but if they do get Ewers, he will bring a lot of those targets with him. That’s why this is so pivotal for Sark’s tenure after a first season where he lost to Kansas a had a losing season.

Just because you are 7th in recruiting doesn’t mean you aren’t floundering. They were 5-7 this year and their last 3 recruiting classes have been ranked 9, 3 and 3.
7th in recruiting rankings under no circumstances can described as floundering unless you’re No. 1 every year for a few years.

I have a feeling we will never see this kid play a snap in a significant game but he will be a multi millionaire by time he graduates which is cool.

In the future the recruits that do get a significant amount of money based on a promised NIL deal will likely be asked to sign a contract to protect the schools that are dishing out big $$$ to them.

In the future the recruits that do get a significant amount of money based on a promised NIL deal will likely be asked to sign a contract to protect the schools that are dishing out big $$$ to them.

OSU didn’t get him his NIL deals.

And there wouldn’t be able to be any language in a contract concerning the school anyway.

The schools are not paying them. These are individuals or companies that were probably funneling money to recruits under the table before NIL. They now can do it under the guise of NIL. Some will expect return on investment by endorsements that lead to increased revenue, some won't care. I think it's out of control now but expect it to settle down when things like this occur. I doubt he sees all that money. It was probably structured to be paid out over multiple years and as long as he's a member of the OSU football team.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back