TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

“Ryan Leaf could very likely end up the better QB! You gonna eat those fries?”

Reactions: volsfan_17
What kind of competition does this guy play against?
There's no question about the talent he competes against. Some of the best in the country.

Biggest questions with Salter are size, to some extent accuracy, and he takes a big long windup to throw. Arm strength is crazy tho for a kid his size.

Hes in Region 2-District 11-6A. Has Duncanville , Waco and De Soto in his district. 6A has some tough competition. Texas just did a realignment a few months ago.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Welcome to the board… I’m guessing you are #closetoKaidon?
You could say that. Good kid. Good family. Throw first mentality that is deceivingly fast. Cannon of an arm even on the move. Anxious to see how he handles the accolades and pressure this year. Any other info inquiring minds want to know?

You could say that. Good kid. Good family. Throw first mentality that is deceivingly fast. Cannon of an arm even on the move. Anxious to see how he handles the accolades and pressure this year. Any other info inquiring minds want to know?
Nah, just throw us some info on his recruiting when you’re able without ruining his moment.

Nah, just throw us some info on his recruiting when you’re able without ruining his moment.

I won't ruin it. Pruitt is leading the charge and isn't pressuring him. Says hes their QB1 and willing to wait. Having Weinke helps. Same with Morris at Auburn. Long history with McGuire at Baylor and his first big offer. If they show a fun offense I would put them in the lead. OU is someone to watch for if they offer. Currently enamored with the SEC which helps out Tennessee. Texas is rumored to offer soon since it seems Nussmeier is LSU bound. No interest in Texas though.

Last edited:
I won't ruin it. Pruitt is leading the charge and isn't pressuring him. Says hes their QB1 and willing to wait. Having Weinke helps. Same with Morris at Auburn. Long history with McGuire at Baylor and his first big offer. If they show a fun offense I would put them in the lead. OU is someone to watch for if they offer. Currently enamored with the SEC which helps out Tennessee. Texas is rumored to offer soon since it seems Nussmeier is LSU bound. No interest in Texas though.

Not sure why any QB would want to be "developed" by Morris after seeing his QB play these last few years. But then again I guess Malzahn keeps getting highly ranked QBs for whatever reason despite pretty underwhelming QB development too.

Four-star quarterback Kaidon Salter of Cedar Hill (Texas) High School announced his top 11 college choices on Saturday, and it was no surprise that Tennessee made his list of favorites. Salter visited the Vols for the first time less than a month ago, just before the start of the ongoing dead period, and he indicated after the visit that there was a good chance they would get one of his official visits. The extended dead period could throw a wrench into those plans, but sources said Tennessee is one of the teams standing out most to him at the moment, with Auburn also having impressed him during his series of visits last month. Baylor still feels optimistic about its chances of landing Salter, too, sources said. But the Vols have put themselves in position to have a realistic shot at Salter, a top-100 prospect in 247Sports' rankings who might be Tennessee's top quarterback target at the moment.
Callahan

VN Store

Back