TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

You want even a pocket passer to be able to move at least slightly faster than average. But you don't have to be a blazer to be a Qb but you do have to be a better than average passer also. I would rather have a great passer than a great runner at Qb all day long. Teams that play with athletes at Qb with average or below passing ability isn't going to cut it. Give me the guy that prefers to pass but also has the ability to make plays by moving and extending plays if he has too but can also take off and get yards if the opportunity presents himself. But if he can't make the throws and bails out running all the time he isn't going to make it in the long run. GBO!

Hahahahaha point taken. But, on the other hand Russ is a generational type of talent.

Not taking a shot at you but I feel like the term "generational talent" gets thrown around too loosely.

Wilson is very good but has never even been the top player at his position.

Not taking a shot at you but I feel like the term "generational talent" gets thrown around too loosely.

I won’t disagree with you. Maybe an amazing talent would be more fitting.

Reactions: gainesvol82

It is...but I use it all the time haha. I mean it more like..."very rare talent". Generational would mean a talent that only comes around every 30 years...a little strict....especially when Jordan, Kobe, LBJ all came along within 30 years.

Yesssss Sir. I really hope they put out the Orange carpet for him. This guy or Young Sanders would be great additions while we wrap up Simpson for '22 class.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Vol by the end of the weekend
I doubt it, but would be thrilled if true. A “throw first” QB who is on the track team? Sign me up.

From 247:

Evaluation

Lean, athletic build with adequate height. Will need to fill out upper body but athletic lower-body build. Natural playmaker with instincts and feel. Good downfield arm strength with above average short-to-intermediate velocity. Great improvisational skills. Dangerous in the scramble drill. Very mobile and throws well on the move. Pass-first QB but definitely athletic enough to hurt defenses with his legs. Encouraging athletic profile. Track and field athlete who competes in 300 hurdles, high jump, long jump, and triple jump. Will need to continue adding bulk to strengthen overall build. That will also maximize arm strength, particularly vertically. Can tighten delivery and get a bit quicker with release. One of the top QB's in Texas for his class. High-major prospect with long-term NFL Draft potential.

Athletic Background
Competes in track and field -- 300-meter hurdles, high jump, long jump, and triple jump.
2019: Named the District 7-6A MVP as a junior; led Cedar Hill to a 9-3 record and a Texas 6A D-II second-round playoff appearance.
2018: Played his sophomore season at Dallas Bishop Lynch.

VN Store

Back