TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

How surprised would you be if this kid won the job next season? I give it a 25% chance based solely on the staff putting a lot of emphasis on grasp of the playbook. He'd also presumably have to get past 3rd year Maurer before testing Bailey.

How surprised would you be if this kid won the job next season? I give it a 25% chance based solely on the staff putting a lot of emphasis on grasp of the playbook. He'd also presumably have to get past 3rd year Maurer before testing Bailey.

Maurer isn’t going to be much of a factor imo. Salter will be #2 behind Bailey.

Reactions: TheGuy
I dont think there is any way he plays next year and it probably wouldn't be fair to him if he had to. He is still really thin and needs time to get stronger and bigger. He runs a really simple offense and gets away with a lot of stuff in high school he couldn't in college. He will be very good, but he is going to need some time. Hopefully Weinke is gone because if you watch some of Salter's games he does a lot of the same stuff Maurer does and I dont trust Weinke to fix it.

band aid.
I’m not saying he doesn’t have a list but I don’t think he’s really gone beyond that. Every time there’s openings on Tennessee’s staff there’s usually a flood of coach boards on 247, Volquest and all the talk shows. The fact that there’s none of this outside of reporting a coach has left makes me think there is not a lot being done to replace them. No offense to Abingdon.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
I didn’t know we had Pruitts secretary on the Volnation message board. Where’s he go for lunch when he’s not restructuring his staff?
Per LA VOL earlier today. Look it up. I believe I
provided a fairly accurate summary of what he posted.
😌

Last edited:
Per LA VOL earlier today. Look it up. I believe I
provided a fairly accurate summary of what he posted.
😌
He was offering his opinion. If you’re referencing the post about figuring out the offensive identity before making hires and replacing brumbaugh as well as possibly another Defensive assistant. There is absolutely nothing but conjecture there. You’re trying to pass someone’s take as fact. You do you but he also stated they are running “scenarios”.

He was offering his opinion. If you’re referencing the post about figuring out the offensive identity before making hires and replacing brumbaugh as well as possibly another Defensive assistant. There is absolutely nothing but conjecture there. You’re trying to pass someone’s take as fact. You do you but he also stated they are running “scenarios”.
Look at the 10:12am post. He was quite active this morning and it seemed to me this post was more than conjecture.

Fine, everyone’s has the right to an opinion.He is viewed as pretty reliable and that post seemed to be a little more specific with details.
I don’t know why you didn’t leave it at everyone has a right to an opinion. You view that anonymous poster as pretty reliable. You don’t speak for anyone else even if they agreed with you.

I don’t know why you didn’t leave it at everyone has a right to an opinion. You view that anonymous poster as pretty reliable. You don’t speak for anyone else even if they agreed with you.
I view that poster as reliable because many here have provided lists of the people considered reliable like AtlantaVol,LaVol,Deerpark12, DE1Conley and a few others. Reading their posts the last few weeks indicates to me they are a little closer to the program than the average VN poster. Nothing is 100% guaranteed but I have confidence they have good information. In fact I am following them and check their history almost every day. Helps to weed out all the garbage and rumors people are posting here.

I view that poster as reliable because many here have provided lists of the people considered reliable like AtlantaVol,LaVol,Deerpark12, DE1Conley and a few others. Reading their posts the last few weeks indicates to me they are a little closer to the program than the average VN poster. Nothing is 100% guaranteed but I have confidence they have good information. In fact I am following them and check their history almost every day. Helps to weed out all the garbage and rumors people are posting here.
Oh my...

Glad to help out. Follow these guys and make your own determination about their reliability.

Edit: If you like. Helped me realize all the “Pruitt is about to be fired in days” after the ATM game was BS.
I read their posts. I just take everything with a grain of salt. I hear things from decently reliable people as well and still have reservations. Our booster base is fractured so what they say may be true but it’s only a portion of it. That’s why I cooled off on this whole thing. I think a lot of stuff is out there but ultimately nobody on this board or our own board of trustees have a clue yet as to what’s going to happen in a week.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I read their posts. I just take everything with a grain of salt. I hear things from decently reliable people as well and still have reservations. Our booster base is fractured so what they say may be true but it’s only a portion of it. That’s why I cooled off on this whole thing. I think a lot of stuff is out there but ultimately nobody on this board or our own board of trustees have a clue yet as to what’s going to happen in a week.
Sometimes they don’t and many times they tell you they don’t. I don’t accept everything as fact when they post as I stated before but I do lend more credibility to their posts than the average VN member. One VN member that was given to me as a reliable source made a “fire” emoji a couple of weeks ago which everyone took as Pruitt’s firing was imminent. Of course it didn’t happen. A few days ago I replied to that emoji post and asked for an update. He didn’t respond so his insider status in my opinion has fell a few notches.

Edit: My evaluation of the people who are considered reliable or insiders is a new thing for me. It’s a work in progress how I view each one on a case by case basis. I’m tired of getting hyped up and excited over possible events that turn out to be false like Pruitt’s firing the week after the ATM game.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back