TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Is Saban, Smart, Mullen and Fisher all leaving the SEC soon?
I could see Mullen leaving. There always seems to be some smoke in the off-season about him going off to the NFL. I think he’s a weird guy and I also wouldn’t be surprised if some of his antics kind of rub some of the UF admin people the wrong way. If the right situation presented itself I could see him taking off for the League.

I will also add that if Jimbo gets better QB play than Mond and they translate that into a CFP appearance or even a title, aTm will become a monster. If you get that positive momentum and combine that with the fact that Saban could retire any time in the next 3-5 years I think aTm could have the most upside in the conference for the next 5-10 years.

I could see Mullen leaving. There always seems to be some smoke in the off-season about him going off to the NFL. I think he’s a weird guy and I also wouldn’t be surprised if some of his antics kind of rub some of the UF admin people the wrong way. If the right situation presented itself I could see him taking off for the League.

I will also add that if Jimbo gets better QB play than Mond and they translate that into a CFP appearance or even a title, aTm will become a monster. If you get that positive momentum and combine that with the fact that Saban could retire any time in the next 3-5 years I think aTm could have the most upside in the conference for the next 5-10 years.
NFL needs sugar kisses!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

I was very negative on Mond. But his senior year he made them a complete offense. He was effective as a passer and runner. They chewed up so much clock too.

If Jimbo can get The Senior Year Mond from his future QBs then yeah I agree. LSU is always a threat, but Orgeron is a cookie monster.
Lane is good, but he can stay at one place more than 3 years???
And then....WHO will replace Saban??. Maybe someone not as good but they just follow Saban's example to the T until he becomes as good

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I could believe both only he can't run like Josh.

Very few scrambling QBs ran like Josh. JD was more power than finesse

This guy could start but not immediately imo. Needs to put on some size for hits and settle into the offense. It's a perfect scenario for him if Heupel is the offense/QB mastermind they say he is. He can come redshirt (maybe play 3-4 games in garbage time) and then hopefully leverage himself as the front-runner eventually.

Dumbest post ever???
What’s dumb about it? Hooker starts this year IMO and we have Bailey for another couple of years minimum. Then we have possibly Simpson and Horn after that. It’s just a prediction and as of today has just as much merit as your opinion.

You know how great its going to be to never see JG trot out onto that field again?

Give me Hooker, give me Bailey and Salter our wounds!

I was very negative on Mond. But his senior year he made them a complete offense. He was effective as a passer and runner. They chewed up so much clock too.

If Jimbo can get The Senior Year Mond from his future QBs then yeah I agree. LSU is always a threat, but Orgeron is a cookie monster.
Lane is good, but he can stay at one place more than 3 years???
And then....WHO will replace Saban??. Maybe someone not as good but they just follow Saban's example to the T until he becomes as good
I agree on Mond, he definitely took a big step this year. I always kind of viewed Mond and JG similarly from the standpoint of just waiting to see what would happen if the light turned on for either one. I guess we saw. You’re right on the $ about the aTm offense, they just chewed up clock and had a good balance. I don’t think they could’ve beaten Bama, Clemson or Ohio State, but I definitely think they would’ve been more competitive than Notre Dame.

You raise a lot of good points about the future of the division, especially when we have no idea what Saban’s future looks like. For a while I thought he was getting ready to move on, but he seemed so full of energy this season with this team it was scary. I sure as hell hope he gets tired of all the winning and they hire someone who will not be ready for the scrutiny that will come with not being able to replace a legend. We’ll see what happens with Lane, nothing would shock me, even being back to The Hill in 5 years.

Reactions: LittleVol
What’s dumb about it? Hooker starts this year IMO and we have Bailey for another couple of years minimum. Then we have possibly Simpson and Horn after that. It’s just a prediction and as of today has just as much merit as your opinion.

Salter will be better than Bailey and soon.

You don’t have a clue who will be better. Just guesses. The Qb picture is as unknown like it is a complete unknown if Heupel will be a washout or succeed as a HC.

Nobody can say for sure but I tend to agree with him. Salter just looks like a special type of today’s QB. He will be tough to holdmoff

VN Store

Back