Not open for further replies.

Hahahaha

Shuler
4000 yards passing 36 Tds
250 yards rushing 14 Tds

Dobbs
7189 yards passing 56 Tds
2130 yards rushing 32 Tds....
Not really taking a hard stance either way, but they played in two different eras, Shuler only played 2 seasons, and 11 games (that counted stats) compared to Dobbs's 13.

Aaron Murray has numbers far better than Peyton Manning, too, but I know which guy is the better player.

Both Shuler and Dobbs were really good. Not sure which one I'd rather have, but I'd like to see Heath play in this era to see what he could do.

If Nebraska pushes forward and defies the Big Ten and gets kicked out, I think I’m buying a red hat with a white N on it.
I've always had a soft spot for Nebraska. They remind me of us with both programs being down but the support from both fanbases are unmatched. I think they always sell out their spring game too.

I've always had a soft spot for Nebraska. They remind me of us with both programs being down but the support from both fanbases are unmatched. I think they always sell out their spring game too.
I don’t know why Nebraska can’t be good any more. You’d think they could at least emulate Wisconsin.

I don’t know why Nebraska can’t be good any more. You’d think they could at least emulate Wisconsin.

They're in a recruiting wasteland. I mean, we're somewhat disadvantaged in that regard and we are four hours from Charlotte and three from Atlanta and Nashville. Schools that don't have 5-stahs living in their backyards are gonna struggle a bit.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
They're in a recruiting wasteland. I mean, we're somewhat disadvantaged in that regard and we are four hours from Charlotte and three from Atlanta and Nashville. Schools that don't have 5-stahs living in their backyards are gonna struggle a bit.
Yeah but Wisconsin isn’t exactly a gold mine for recruits, is it? They do quite well.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah but Wisconsin isn’t exactly a gold mine for recruits, is it? They do quite well.

Wisconsin has almost 6 million people. Nebraska has 2 million. Madison is also a little over an hour from Milwaukee and 2.5 hours from Chicago, a metro area of almost 10 million people.

And Wisconsin has had really solid coaching for years, but they still falter due to the lack of star power. They can't compete with OSU for example. They definitely maximize what they've got, though. Any program would do well to model after theirs.

While I think football can be managed at the college level or at least attempted, there is a huge difference. It’s called getting paid and collective bargaining.

What about the so called long term heart health issues that certain conferences are claiming?

Shouldn’t that be priority for everyone...if so? Basketball is in your face as much as football.

Money definitely equates to politics...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What about the so called long term heart health issues that certain conferences are claiming?

Shouldn’t that be priority for everyone...if so? Basketball is in your face as much as football.

Money definitely equates to politics...

Yes, the compensation is a huge part of it, and if a health issue came up, you bet a player’s union would be all over it. I also agree that the Big Ten didn’t give up millions because they are making a political statement.

I saw the tweet above. Facts are running loose right now, and I bet some other cardiologists have different opinions. Probably more of the fear of the unknown. Not saying one is correct over the other because I’m not a doctor.

But the NBA bubble has worked wonderfully. MLB has not, and there is a pitcher sitting out this year because of the heart issue.

Reactions: Devo182
This definitely smells like an effort to undermine organizing or a way to possibly HELP them organize out of the public eye. I don’t think Big10 is stupid. Establish a student-athlete governing body with a seat at the table. I don’t know, just spitballin’...

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
I read they have one of the highest rates of putting OL into the league.

Imo that area is undervalued, especially in the trenches. Got that Viking blood up there. Also believe they are the tallest people in the country (like how the Dutch are the tallest people on earth) which helps on the OL.

I read they have one of the highest rates of putting OL into the league.

Imo that area is undervalued, especially in the trenches. Got that Viking blood up there. Also believe they are the tallest people in the country (like how the Dutch are the tallest people on earth) which helps on the OL.

Give me all the Norse and Pacific Islanders in the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back