Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Fields won’t play. He will sit out. No point in risking getting hurt that close to the draft. He could have had plenty of time to hire an agent and be draft ready by the time a spring season would even start. They going to let kids hire agents while playing college football? Doesn’t give them much time to get draft ready.

Would be interested to see the financials on this. I have heard reports that some schools have to have 50% capacity to break even (one being Ole Miss), but I assume the tv money at the end of the year can make up for all of that. So, would schools rather go with no fans as opposed with 20% capacity? At 20%, you still need to pay attendants, police, vendors, etc. Will be interesting.
Breakeven (on the season) and breakeven analysis for having fans vs no fans would be separate. Breaking even on the season will not happen, but it doesn't mean they should not pursue profitable fan attendance for individual games.

I would imagine "50% to breakeven" was more an extreme attempt to break even for the entire season (pipe dream)? Surely that wasn't meant per game on a differential analysis vs 0 fans (?). I can't imagine. Most of the costs that would be needed (groundskeepers, some security, lighting audio and video people, etc) even with 0 fans. Attendance crew, additional police, etc would be needed with fans, but I can't imagine it outstrips millions in ticket sales even at 20%. Just my guess.

There is a certainly a level at which it could be a loss, but I imagine it is well below what they are considering. Even $100 tickets at 20k is $2mm. Plus alcohol and concessions.

IF the SEC and the ACC do play, it'll be interesting how it effects recruiting and transfers. Kids decommitting from the Big 10 and looking to come south could potentially help us and hurt us. We could see UGA and UF get their classes bolstered with something like this. And if kids transfer due to their conference not playing, that seems like an excellent case for a waiver IMO. Certain conferences may not like that, but in that case, they're choosing not to play. No reason players should be punished for that. I think PAC12 and Big 10 will be hoping to pressure the other Power 5 conferences to fold as well to prevent a lot of this. I hope we don't bow to that pressure.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
And I’m no doctor, but I believe getting a flu shot could help with the Covid situation. You could still get it, as always, but it could help mitigate it.
Totally different viruses. Very doubtful they would be even a remote crossed reactivity between the two. But that is not my expertise area therefore I’ll just stick with doubtful…

Only scenario where I could see it working is Southern Hemisphere... say Brazil. Amazon bason has different rules. 🤓

Last edited:
Maybe you should research it. The point is to boost your immune system by putting the virus in you. By boosting your immune system, it can actually help you fight off other things. Novel idea.

Looks like there was a study done in Brazil because their winter is during our summer. Groups that took the flu shot (in all ages) had lower mortality rates from Covid-19.

It’s why the flu numbers in our country are skewed. There are people who don’t get vaccinated (their prerogative), but states aren’t required to report whether a person who does from the flu was vaccinated or not. 80% of pediatric flu deaths were unvaccinated kids.

Easy doctor!...All I’m sayin is f*** that s**t simply...why take a flu shot when you Can take other supplements or Vitamins that are FDA approved and actually are known to help? just by boosting your immune system with victim C helps prevent sickness..the last thing i want to be is someone’s lab rat 🐀 people have died from the flu shot.

I see @VolsDoc81TX liking earlier posts and sit here waiting for him to get to my Urban Meyer Nekkid Man post likeView attachment 299062
Some of us have to work. When I get a break, I am very generous with the likes. At least I am within 24 hours and not a 2 month delay...😂

Oh, and I cannot give a like to anything with C.U.M. On it...coach meyer gives me the creeps 😐

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back