TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Was reading an article on 247 about an interview with Trent Dilfer, who hosts and coaches the Elite 11 competition, and he had plenty of good things to say about Kaidon. He talked about him easily being able to add 20-25 pounds & becoming a physical presence being a pass first but can kill you with his legs type of QB. The most interesting bit of info I saw was that he mentioned that Kaidon plans on graduating in December & becoming an early enrollee in January. To me, that’s impressive and awesome. Makes the QB room even more intriguing.

Was reading an article on 247 about an interview with Trent Dilfer, who hosts and coaches the Elite 11 competition, and he had plenty of good things to say about Kaidon. He talked about him easily being able to add 20-25 pounds & becoming a physical presence being a pass first but can kill you with his legs type of QB. The most interesting bit of info I saw was that he mentioned that Kaidon plans on graduating in December & becoming an early enrollee in January. To me, that’s impressive and awesome. Makes the QB room even more intriguing.
But I remember Dilfer being at least as effusive in his praise of Guarantano

Championed Torrance Gibson and Asiiante Woulard also amongst others.

Championed Torrance Gibson and Asiiante Woulard also amongst others.
You don't like Salter?

I actually do. I've been wrong before but I like him better than HB at this point. My bottom line is a winner and will support either guy. I just like what I saw on Salter's highlights and especially his instincts when extending plays.

You don't like Salter?

I actually do. I've been wrong before but I like him better than HB at this point. My bottom line is a winner and will support either guy. I just like what I saw on Salter's highlights and especially his instincts when extending plays.
I’m on the record being impressed with him...and he’s local for me. The offense he operates is basic and he needs a year’s immersion in this scheme, so he’s a couple of years behind Bailey imo...but he will push him. Just weighing in on the Trent Dilfer factor. A mutual friend has used his EXPERT analysis in many a friendly discussion. 😉

I personally don’t think much of Dilfer or high praises from him, but I did find it interesting that Salter plans on enrolling early. That’s what I like to see from a QB prospect. Wants to learn and wants to be THE guy.

Reactions: keenobserver
But I remember Dilfer being at least as effusive in his praise of Guarantano

JG's problems have never been with his physical capabilities; Offseason QB coaching gurus like Differ, Peyton, Whitfield, plus Chaney, have all praised JG in offseason workouts. JG's problems have always been both his ability to trust what he sees to be able to make split second decisions, and his inability to snap and clear to get the last play out of his head. Which is why I m not sure having the same OC for a 2nd offseason can help him since I don't think mechanics are his problem.

JG's problems have never been with his physical capabilities; Offseason QB coaching gurus like Differ, Peyton, Whitfield, plus Chaney, have all praised JG in offseason workouts. JG's problems have always been both his ability to trust what he sees to be able to make split second decisions, and his inability to snap and clear to get the last play out of his head. Which is why I m not sure having the same OC for a 2nd offseason can help him since I don't think mechanics are his problem.
Spot on with your post. This kids problem is not physical ability. Its between his ears .

You don't like Salter?

Wait. How can you like Salter better than HB? I dont know ish...but, I was able to catch a Marrieta game on ESPN ocho lats yurr....footwork, cannon, leadership, and winning program. Honestly, reminds me of Ainge and Bray arm but bigger kid. Anyway, only time will tell.

TX and GA HS Football 2/4 best in Country.

Salter has that Chris Leak type arm. Throws good ball. Does he have footwork, etc? I have 0 clue other than watching the .02 seconds of highlights if a HS player i can stomach. Kid has a motor, not a JG motor, an actual motor. Throws well. In the .02 seconds of filmwork, it occured that he knows the time to run and when to throw

Ill defer to the NFL scouts here.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Wait. How can you like Salter better than HB? I dont know ish...but, I was able to catch a Marrieta game on ESPN ocho lats yurr....footwork, cannon, leadership, and winning program. Honestly, reminds me of Ainge and Bray arm but bigger kid. Anyway, only time will tell.

Salter has that Chris Leak type arm. Throws good ball. Does he have footwork, etc? I have 0 clue other than watching the .02 seconds of highlights if a HS player i can stomach. Kid has a motor, not a JG motor, an actual motor. Throws well. In the .02 seconds of filmwork, it occured that he knows the time to run and when to throw

He’s got the bells and whistles that impress athletically. Not pointing this at sjt, but the consensus keep trying to dismiss the pro-style pocket guys and it will never happen. The MOST important tasks of your signal caller is to recognize defenses and their disguises and to get the ball to your playmakers. If you can leg out yardage yourself? That’s always been a bonus but not the crux of any success. Steve Young benefitted from Bill Walsh schooling him in using his passing gifts first and improving his recognition as well as accuracy. Michael Vick didn’t get that memo until Andy Reid mentored him at the end of his career and that only in a short sample size. Every great QB has to adjust to the defensive adjustments that great defensive coordinator minds throw at them every season. They finally read that book on them and another gets published the next season. Pat Mahomes had a less impressive regular season last year on his way to a SB win and lost some acclaim to Lamar Jackson. We’ll see how Baltimore’s franchise weathers his trial. Meanwhile other pro style QBs will endure along with the new wave of exciting duals.

If Peyton could've moved better or could scramble, he would have beat Florida. Just couldn't get out of the way. You may know exactly were to go with the ball, but if assignments break down and they will, a QB has to have a plan B. Run and don't look back.

If Peyton could've moved better or could scramble, he would have beat Florida. Just couldn't get out of the way. You may know exactly were to go with the ball, but if assignments break down and they will, a QB has to have a plan B. Run and don't look back.
He had no problem scrambling. His team was always out coached and out schemed by Spurrier.

Just do. I like his mobility. He isn't as polished as a passer but that doesn't mean his ceiling isn't as high or higher. I like his instincts. I could easily be wrong. All of this is based on highlight videos... and who puts anything but their best moments on highlights?

Just do. I like his mobility. He isn't as polished as a passer but that doesn't mean his ceiling isn't as high or higher. I like his instincts. I could easily be wrong. All of this is based on highlight videos... and who puts anything but their best moments on highlights?
did you watch hb in any games?

i do think after he picks system up, salter is type talent that can win a nat. seems to be how the game is progressed. gotta have a qb that can be multiple.

Last edited:

I've come to the conclusion some people just like dual QBs better.

Reactions: StoVol and VOLSONLY
He’s got the bells and whistles that impress athletically. Not pointing this at sjt, but the consensus keep trying to dismiss the pro-style pocket guys and it will never happen. The MOST important tasks of your signal caller is to recognize defenses and their disguises and to get the ball to your playmakers. If you can leg out yardage yourself? That’s always been a bonus but not the crux of any success. Steve Young benefitted from Bill Walsh schooling him in using his passing gifts first and improving his recognition as well as accuracy. Michael Vick didn’t get that memo until Andy Reid mentored him at the end of his career and that only in a short sample size. Every great QB has to adjust to the defensive adjustments that great defensive coordinator minds throw at them every season. They finally read that book on them and another gets published the next season. Pat Mahomes had a less impressive regular season last year on his way to a SB win and lost some acclaim to Lamar Jackson. We’ll see how Baltimore’s franchise weathers his trial. Meanwhile other pro style QBs will endure along with the new wave of exciting duals.
Of course you said it so much better...

Reactions: butchna
We know the kids got a rocket and Can drop that corner fade with the best of em..Main concerns we have heard are with the intermediate slants etc...I’m not enamored with the kid like some but I do think his athletic ability and between the ears is off the charts.If HB is what we think and from all accounts he is,then this situstion looks like it’s gonna work out beautifully over the next few years...

VN Store

Back