TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

I know I’m going to get blasted for this but this kid’s release looks awkward and arm strength average. I think Bailey has a better release and better arm strength by a fairly good margin. We will see. JMO.

Reactions: Nooga
I know this will sound like I’m being mean, but, I don’t give a damn what u couch warriors think about this QB. He will be just fine. This isn’t the NFL. No need to critique anything besides wins or losses.

Omg. Hes 6 ft. How dare we recruit a top player from texas. Hes way too small.
No way in hell he can be good under 6 ft 7.

I know I’m going to get blasted for this but this kid’s release looks awkward and arm strength average. I think Bailey has a better release and better arm strength by a fairly good margin. We will see. JMO.

I think that's fair.

I also think it's fair to say his ceiling is really really high and in 3-4 years, when he will be expected to compete for time , it's likely he's a stud.

Reactions: hooter vol
Upside is there. In a perfect world we don’t need him to play for 3-4 years if Bailey is as good as advertised. Heck, if we land Ty Simpson and Bailey goes pro he may end up losing the QB competition to Simpson as a RS SO. You just never know. Excited to see how he develops.

Reactions: StoVol
Upside is there. In a perfect world we don’t need him to play for 3-4 years if Bailey is as good as advertised. Heck, if we land Ty Simpson and Bailey goes pro he may end up losing the QB competition to Simpson as a RS SO. You just never know. Excited to see how he develops.
qb numbers work themselves out

I agree. I think he'll likely back up Bailey.

I think that's fair.

I also think it's fair to say his ceiling is really really high and in 3-4 years, when he will be expected to compete for time , it's likely he's a stud.
I think that is very possible as well. I think he's going to need time in the strength program. He'll need to put on some weight.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Not because of any physical limitations. Cedar Hill has a basic offense. He’ll need an immersion in the scheme...which a redshirt season will serve. He’ll still be years behind Bailey in perfecting the nuances, but I think he’ll push him.

I agree he'll probably back up Bailey, but he's not coming here to back up Bailey and that's what I like about him, he's not afraid to compete. He also brings another dimension to the offense.
Let the competition begin. Reminds me a little bit of the Manning/Stewart battle.

Reactions: jp1
Not sure what he was ranked before but I think he got a bump. 0.9169 in the composite #213 overall and 94 on 247 #77 overall.

@HoleInTheRoof for your commit thread.

It looks like his 247 composite ranking went down. He was ranked 206 overall and a .9189 rating until today. I guess Rivals or ESPN dropped him in their ranking? Makes sense since he’s a solid Vol commitment!

It looks like his 247 composite ranking went down. He was ranked 206 overall and a .9189 rating until today. I guess Rivals or ESPN dropped him in their ranking? Makes sense since he’s a solid Vol commitment!
He used to be #62 overall on 247 now he’s #77 overall

Reactions: Devo182
He used to be #62 overall on 247 now he’s #77 overall
This. It was QBs moving. The biggest I saw was ND's qb dropped nearly 50 spots, down to #92.

It is due to E11 review.

I'll admit the footage I saw from day 3 didn't look good. His mid throws were falling short and off a lot. All said, we all knew his HS was deep ball heavy and in an uncomplicated offense. He will use a year under Chaney, while Bailey tears it up, to get up to speed on various routes. Not the worst thing. He knows he can come in and develop.

Last edited:
ESPN on E11 QBs
Kaidon Salter
6-foot-1, 180 pounds
Cedar Hill High School (Cedar Hill, Texas)
ESPN 300 rank: Three-star

Commitment: Tennessee Volunteers

Salter was a three-star prospect who made his way into the Elite 11. He has been committed to Tennessee since May. Salter was able to visit Tennessee before the dead period and felt comfortable enough to commit, giving the staff its quarterback in this class.

Salter is coming into a quarterback room that will have quite a few options one he gets to campus. Jarrett Guarantano is entering his senior season, so he will be off the roster, but the staff added Maryland transfer Kasim Hill, has J.T Shrout from the 2018 class, Brian Maurer from 2019 and Harrison Bailey, the No. 244-ranked recruit in 2020.

Salter is going to have quite a bit of competition once he gets to campus, which is a good thing for Tennessee and its future offense to eventually find its future quarterback.

Luginbill's scouting report: Salter is a lean, wiry athlete. He continues to develop in the passing game with his low release. He is fairly accurate and is developing more poise and feel for coverage. When things break down, he can get creative and make plays. He is a dynamic ball carrier with explosive feet; he moves like a wide receiver.

Player comparison: Desmond Ridder

How does one win True Buzz MVP?

I mean, I played on some teams where there were a lot of guys with buzzes on.. although I never played on a frisbee football team, or whatever that sport is called.
It's his 7v7 team. Very talented team. They had media day last night. Tenn, UF, Bama, Utah, Mich St, OSU, Baylor, TT, Arky, are some of the schools represented by the Buzz 7v7 team.

VN Store

Back