TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

A comment from Rivals on Salter:

* Not that size really matters when it comes to quarterbacks anymore, but I was surprised how small Tennessee commit
Kaidon Salter looked compared to some of the other prospects. Clearly it has no impact on his arm strength but it's interesting to see the Vols recruit a totally different type of quarterback than last year's five-star signee,
Harrison Bailey, who was one of the biggest quarterbacks in his class.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

source.gif

Elite 11: Top Performers Day One

Cedar Hill (Texas) High’s Kaidon Salter
The Tennessee commit is the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback and No. 62 prospect overall in the Top247.

“Way more organized as a passer than his tape showed,” Dilfer said. “He was really, really clean and there is some juice in that body, wow! It wouldn’t surprise me if he can take one step and 360 dunk. He has that kind of juice in his body. Super coachable, they threw these inside seam shots, right, left, one high, benders, stay skinny and they cross. First rep may not have been perfect and I watch the second rep and his correction rep was money time after time after time.”

Elite 11: Top Performers Day One

Cedar Hill (Texas) High’s Kaidon Salter
The Tennessee commit is the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback and No. 62 prospect overall in the Top247.

“Way more organized as a passer than his tape showed,” Dilfer said. “He was really, really clean and there is some juice in that body, wow! It wouldn’t surprise me if he can take one step and 360 dunk. He has that kind of juice in his body. Super coachable, they threw these inside seam shots, right, left, one high, benders, stay skinny and they cross. First rep may not have been perfect and I watch the second rep and his correction rep was money time after time after time.”
Here is the whole article.
Vol QB Commit Shows "Juice" to Start Elite 11 Finals | Rocky Top Insider

* Not that size really matters when it comes to quarterbacks anymore, but I was surprised how small Tennessee commit
Kaidon Salter looked compared to some of the other prospects. Clearly it has no impact on his arm strength but it's interesting to see the Vols recruit a totally different type of quarterback than last year's five-star signee,
Needs some physical build up as well as immersion in a scheme way more sophisticated than he’s running currently. That’s why a redshirt’s vital. Nothing’s changed with eggheads peering at him.

Rivals not looking in the right place..

What?! I was talking about Kaidon’s brain and hand size!! C’mon man!

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Clocked a 4
Dobbs was very fast for any position, let alone the QB.
Clocked a 4.6 at the Combine. Like other talented running QBs it’s the quick start/stop speed and vision as well as playing the angles that made him dangerous. A la Steve Young. They wouldn’t be equally explosive at other positions when they don’t have the advantage of plays breaking down and defensive players stretched out.

VN Store

Back