TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

the HB / KS dynamic sorta feels like it could shape up to be similar to the manning / martin dynamic. peyton the more established, polished (and lauded) pocket passer a year in front of martin, the more athletic qb with a big arm. wouldn't shock me to see HB rack up the stats and individual honors and salter get the championship with a deeper class / team. would be 100% fine with me.
I could live with that.

I wonder how mad recruits get when basically the whole world knows where you are going before actually commit
AP hates this stuff. understands it, but knows that for some of these kids, it really is a let down......so i'm sure there's some that don't like it.

i also think there's some that will put stuff out there to get future casts/CB's to go one way, so they can still have their moment when they go the other when it's time pick up the hat.

AP hates this stuff. understands it, but knows that for some of these kids, it really is a let down......so i'm sure there's some that don't like it.

i also think there's some that will put stuff out there to get future casts/CB's to go one way, so they can still have their moment when they go the other when it's time pick up the hat.
It was initially a cool idea, but with how they can change their CBs its absolutely pointless and now just steals a kid's moment. Not a big fan of it. People love Callahan's CBs, but if Callahan thinks we're getting a guy, the information can get over here w/o CBs the same as it does from all TOSs.

When Auburn homer Keith Niebuhr puts in a crystal ball for Tennessee, you know it's over.

Yep. D4H was notorious for saying how much he used film to make his evaluations.
You need to go back and look at some of the conversations I had with him.

I haven't claimed that I know what HB will do... only that I'm not convinced by his video. I'll be as happy as any Vol fan if he's great. I need PROOF... D4H didn't.

Reactions: Ertel and BaldBiker
Ah good ole Auburn going to have another kid commit before announcement to make it look like they preferred him over Salter
Ole Urban method. Used it when Tristen Wallace committed a day before JG after he gave them a courtesy notice.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
the HB / KS dynamic sorta feels like it could shape up to be similar to the manning / martin dynamic. peyton the more established, polished (and lauded) pocket passer a year or two in front of martin, the more athletic qb with a big arm. wouldn't shock me to see HB rack up the stats and individual honors and salter get the championship with a deeper class / team. would be 100% fine with me.
110% ok with that. Would love to see HB at least snag an Sec championship

It was initially a cool idea, but with how they can change their CBs its absolutely pointless and now just steals a kid's moment. Not a big fan of it. People love Callahan's CBs, but if Callahan thinks we're getting a guy, the information can get over here w/o CBs the same as it does from all TOSs.
This is all true, but if you changed the system around so that they couldn't change their pick at the last minute, they would all just wait until the last minute to pick and you'd have the same effect. There's no perfect way to do it.

This is all true, but if you changed the system around so that they couldn't change their pick at the last minute, they would all just wait until the last minute to pick and you'd have the same effect. There's no perfect way to do it.

The best way to do it, IMO, is to just get rid of crystal balls. I think they're dumb. You pay for the access to information that these recruiting analyst can give you (i.e. interviews with recruits, film breakdowns, how visits went). That's really your best indicator on whether or not this kid will commit or not. Get rid of the crystal balls, kids will still get their moment, and fans still have all the insider information they need.

You need to go back and look at some of the conversations I had with him.

I haven't claimed that I know what HB will do... only that I'm not convinced by his video. I'll be as happy as any Vol fan if he's great. I need PROOF... D4H didn't.
I was just messing with you. I saw that you had viewed film and that made me think of him. It was a joke. If it was offensive to you, I do apologize; I did not mean I really thought you were like him.

Davis is a good QB. His record is incredible. He also plays on a LOADED North Shore team. Not a bad backup plan for Auburn.

the HB / KS dynamic sorta feels like it could shape up to be similar to the manning / martin dynamic. peyton the more established, polished (and lauded) pocket passer a year or two in front of martin, the more athletic qb with a big arm. wouldn't shock me to see HB rack up the stats and individual honors and salter get the championship with a deeper class / team. would be 100% fine with me.
Exactly. I feel like both are going to be great for the Vols.

VN Store

Back