TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Someone tell me, please, and don’t throw tomatoes at me for not remembering...who was our OC during Clausen to Ainge period of time? And wasn’t Ainge a pro style? Asking for a friend haha
Cutcliffe? If my mammory serves me

Wait, only a few years of Ainge...his last few i believe

Not sure it's a referendum on him. I just think Chaney wants a DT guy that can give us every advantage possible. DT-QBs are the ultimate way to level the field at the college level.

King
Holiday
Salter

We definitely have a type going after.

Georgia had the #1 HS DT QB in Fields and they didn't know how to take advantage of him. Not to say Chaney was being told what to do but I'm not convinced RPO is our only option after next season. However, I see the value in a DT QB long term. The ideal scenario for me is Bailey plays next year either as a back-up, starter, or both, and then hands the ball over to Salter for certain situations and full-time after he goes pro. Having seen Bailey play, the kid is special. Yes, he played on an incredibly talented team, but he pulls it all together and makes it look easy. He can quickly dissect defenses, make all the throws, and has a rifle for an arm. I think everyone is going to be shocked with how quickly he learns the system and plays meaningful downs.

Georgia had the #1 HS DT QB in Fields and they didn't know how to take advantage of him. Not to say Chaney was being told what to do but I'm not convinced RPO is our only option after next season. However, I see the value in a DT QB long term. The ideal scenario for me is Bailey plays next year either as a back-up, starter, or both, and then hands the ball over to Salter for certain situations and full-time after he goes pro. Having seen Bailey play, the kid is special. Yes, he played on an incredibly talented team, but he pulls it all together and makes it look easy. He can quickly dissect defenses, make all the throws, and has a rifle for an arm. I think everyone is going to be shocked with how quickly he learns the system and plays meaningful downs.
not many spots left amigo. may want to move that date up.

Someone tell me, please, and don’t throw tomatoes at me for not remembering...who was our OC during Clausen to Ainge period of time? And wasn’t Ainge a pro style? Asking for a friend haha
Randy Sanders

Doesn’t seem the staff is as sold on Bailey as our fan base.
1. Tried really hard for King.
2. Trying really hard to get JT
3. Chaney was never sold on Bailey at Georgia.
*AV mentioning the staff already higher on Salter*
Only time will tell

Same staff that keeps running JG out there. Love them but not infallible.

Cutcliffe? If my mammory serves me

Wait, only a few years of Ainge...his last few i believe
It was not cutcliffe. He left for Duke before the 1998 national championship game. Randy Sanders was named interim OC and got the job perminatly after the next year.

It was not cutcliffe. He left for Duke before the 1998 national championship game. Randy Sanders was named interim OC and got the job perminatly after the next year.

no...he left for Ole Miss before 1998 national championship game.

VN Store

Back