TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Should say enough about his character when he's willing to compete with and possibly sit behind Bailey for 2 years. Red shirt one more than likely. They were blown away by Tennessee staff and facilities. Pruitt staying over on spring break to meet with him looms large. And who doesn't love the scenery of the smokey mountains. Especially coming from Texas with only rolling hills.
I grew up in the Smokies and have been to that part of Texas. Most of Texas is frankly just ugly.

For my part, if he comes to UT expecting to sit behind Bailey or anyone else for even one day... he should go somewhere else. I'm not talking about a prima donna attitude where he gets all huffy if he doesn't get it... but more the determination and self-confidence to believe he can earn the job from day one.

Reactions: memtownvol
You had me til here. Nashville is the best city in the SEC, and that comes from someone sitting in Knoxville.
There are some ratty SEC towns and a few you could argue over depending on what you like. I haven't been there in years but thought Auburn was a nice college town.

I don't Fayetteville is in the conversation for being the best SEC town. Worst? Maybe.

Why randomly stop at 3 years ? Why not an even 5?
9 wins
9 wins
4 wins
5 wins
8 wins
Including 3 bowl wins.

Why not mention we're 13-5 vs Arkansas?
Flying to Knoxville is quicker than driving to Arkansas.
Tennessee has one 4 win season in 122 years. Arkansas has 4 in the last 15 years.

Why am I even bothering, though. It's Arkansas. Likely not even being seriously considered and ranks either 13th or 14th on a list of SEC teams to worry about going forward.
When we beat Arky 38-10 in their house this year that'll seal it for awhile.

When we beat Arky 38-10 in their house this year that'll seal it for awhile.
It's just inconsequential. If we lose to Arkansas it means we've lost to several other teams. If we win, we beat Vandy without academics. It's never going to be a barometer for us. There's a reason he brought up Florida and Alabama. Despite 10 years of floundering in mediocrity, people still know how we will be judged.

1.Alabama/Florida
3.Georgia
4.SEC East standing
5.OOC
6.Random crossover games against 2nd tier (Miss schools and Ark)

Pruitt has done pretty well at 4,5,6 already with some exceptions. Progress will be marked by 1,2, and 3. I think we get one of them this year.

You had me til here. Nashville is the best city in the SEC, and that comes from someone sitting in Knoxville.
My family is from Sumner, Davidson, and Williamson.

I liked Nashville better before the whoreds of white girls started descending to peddle beer carts while wearing a pen15 hat.

It's still a good city, but meh. Give me Knoxville to live in long term.

I grew up in the Smokies and have been to that part of Texas. Most of Texas is frankly just ugly.

For my part, if he comes to UT expecting to sit behind Bailey or anyone else for even one day... he should go somewhere else. I'm not talking about a prima donna attitude where he gets all huffy if he doesn't get it... but more the determination and self-confidence to believe he can earn the job from day one.

They are actively looking at depth charts. During their visits they saw the QBs throw at most schools including Arkansas and Tennessee. He doesn't expect to sit behind anyone but also knows it's a possibility. Another thing they are asking coaches that helps them make a decision is if he can't see the field somewhat early at QB, will they allow him to change positions to get on the field. Kid is an athlete as you can see by his track season.

They are actively looking at depth charts. During their visits they saw the QBs throw at most schools including Arkansas and Tennessee. He doesn't expect to sit behind anyone but also knows it's a possibility. Another thing they are asking coaches that helps them make a decision is if he can't see the field somewhat early at QB, will they allow him to change positions to get on the field. Kid is an athlete as you can see by his track season.
It probably helps UT that Pruitt has shown an openess to letting players try whatever position they want. He seems to work under the philosophy that competition will determine the depth chart and players will want to make the necessary moves to see the field

It probably helps UT that Pruitt has shown an openess to letting players try whatever position they want. He seems to work under the philosophy that competition will determine the depth chart and players will want to make the necessary moves to see the field
It works wonders. Every player that is worth their salt wants competition. Actual competition makes you a better player

Reactions: SweetasSoda

I liked Nashville better before the whoreds of white girls started descending to peddle beer carts while wearing a pen15 hat.

It's kind of silly to base your entire opinion of a city on essentially one street don't you think? Nashville is MUCH more than just Broadway and saying it isn't is rather rude to the rest of the city. So it has tourists and maybe that isn't your ideal place to hangout, that's fair, but it's hardly fair to judge an entire city based upon visitors and a few blocks of Downtown. There are multiple places in Knoxville I wouldn't want to hangout (including UT campus during the summer, it's overrun with elementary school kids there for DI), but I don't blame the entire city for that.

Agree, but east Nasty is where it’s at.

Reactions: SalVolinus

Very well played. It's easy to see why he's going to Tenn. First the way they treated him and family on the unofficial, then letting his younger brother dress up in the unis, (They all seem to think he's the best athlete of the bunch. Will be playing LB on varsity for Cedar Hill as a Soph), and now showing love to the youngest. They told him he was their QB1 and they have done nothing but prove they were telling the truth. Congrats Tennessee. You are getting a good one. For all the naysayers, when the time is right, I'll upload some pics to verify and a couple pics ya'll will absolutely hate.

I liked this kid last year. I really like this kid today.

Even if he doesn't earn the starting job or transfers out at some point, this is Jalen Hurts adult behavior and shows the respect for the team. I like HB and can't wait to see his development, but, I am pulling for Maurer to earn his chance this year.

VN Store

Back