TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Nobody said he would go where his friends went. I said watch them. Even if Arky lands Wilson and Jackson plus 10 others close to Salter it doesn't mean he will go there. Those are just some of the things he will have to consider once signing day gets closer. 1.5 years is a long time. Nobody asked you to buy into what I'm saying. I could honestly care less. You're the salty one that claimed 100% when in actuality you couldn't be further from the truth.[/QUOTE]
Why? Because the "crystal ball percentages" don't back it up? Sorry, dude, if you think listing those will add to your cred. It doesn't.

And, I don't care if you're in Timbuktu, UT stands for one thing, and one thing only. Know your surroundings.

Reactions: butchna
We're not Arkansas, bud. We may have been down, but Arkansas is Vandy of the west

Arkansas has been down too. Historically, they are not the "Vandy of the West" if anything Arkansas is a comparable program to Texas A&M. Bielema was a few points away from winning 9-10 games in back to back years before he bottomed out, and then Morris was a dumpster fire of a coach trying to coach high school in the SEC with players who hated him.

Honestly Pittman seems like a bit of a buffoon. Good position coach, but he comes across as an idiot in interviews. He is pretty embarrassing.

Eh, so is Orgeron. Players love both of them though. Dabo doesn't seem like the smartest in interviews either but players run though brick walls for him.

I try not to bash other programs, but I definitely don't get it with Arkansas. They aren't anything resembling a rival to us. I hope they are a thorn in everyone's side in the west (especially Kiffin). I've lived in Fayetteville and Knoxville. They are more similar than any of the other SEC cities and Campuses. Great city to live in and a solid college town.

Just an FYI, we have had some bad Arky fans come in here trolling, more so than any other fanbase (except UF), so the resentment is probably tied to that.

I think Arkansas fans didn't like Tennessee very much in the 90's since we played every year but now it seems there are several SEC teams we hate more. Most Hog fans I've seen are defending the program from UT fans acting condescending toward Arkansas even though Arkansas has finished in the top 5 more recently than UT has, which would be about like Arkansas basketball fans talking trash to other SEC teams due to a better history and potential despite being pretty mediocre since the 90's.

I know Pittman is good in a living room, and we enjoyed having him as our OL coach, but he adds no value as a head coach. He's a $3M mascot with no experience.

You saw what happened when a offensive guy with SOME experience turning around an AAC program got the Arkansas job. Now imagine a guy with no experience.

Pittman has miles and miles more SEC experience than Morris did though. He had a losing record at SMU. I don't think Morris understood the SEC or what it takes to win at Arkansas, which is a pretty unique job. Pittman grew up close by and coached at Arkansas before. Van Horn, Musselman and Neighbors in the other sports both seem to "get it" like Pittman does. I don't have huge expectations for him, don't think he'll be another Petrino, but I do think he can help stabilize the program. Morris never even moved his family to Arkansas so he wasn't completely bought in I don't think.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Arkansas has been down too. Historically, they are not the "Vandy of the West" if anything Arkansas is a comparable program to Texas A&M. Bielema was a few points away from winning 9-10 games in back to back years before he bottomed out, and then Morris was a dumpster fire of a coach trying to coach high school in the SEC with players who hated him.

Eh, so is Orgeron. Players love both of them though. Dabo doesn't seem like the smartest in interviews either but players run though brick walls for him.

I think Arkansas fans didn't like Tennessee very much in the 90's since we played every year but now it seems there are several SEC teams we hate more. Most Hog fans I've seen are defending the program from UT fans acting condescending toward Arkansas even though Arkansas has finished in the top 5 more recently than UT has, which would be about like Arkansas basketball fans talking trash to other SEC teams due to a better history and potential despite being pretty mediocre since the 90's.

Pittman has miles and miles more SEC experience than Morris did though. He had a losing record at SMU. I don't think Morris understood the SEC or what it takes to win at Arkansas, which is a pretty unique job. Pittman grew up close by and coached at Arkansas before. Van Horn, Musselman and Neighbors in the other sports both seem to "get it" like Pittman does. I don't have huge expectations for him, don't think he'll be another Petrino, but I do think he can help stabilize the program. Morris never even moved his family to Arkansas so he wasn't completely bought in I don't think.

Nobody. Cares.

Bro, I know you’re gonna defend your school. And I agree that Arkansas is not the Vandy of the West. That would be Ole Miss. But look in the mirror. Arkansas is trash right now and you hired a guy who hasn’t even been a coordinator at any level. You are 4-20 in the last 2 years. 8-28 in the last 3. 1 SEC win in 3 seasons. You have more talent than Vandy going into 2020, but that’s it, and only because Vandy is fielding a glorified Sun Belt team next year.

Don’t sleep on Arky. Our QB room is stuffed to the gills with awesome talent. I understand that kids gravitate to programs they think will develop them, but kids gotta look at that depth chart.

Don’t sleep on Arky. Our QB room is stuffed to the gills with awesome talent. I understand that kids gravitate to programs they think will develop them, but kids gotta look at that depth chart.

Depends on what you do in your opener against Nevada. If you lose, consider me fast asleep. You will start the year 0-4 if that happens.

I may have been misinformed:
3-STAR QB LUCAS COLEY
Arkansas' quarterback recruiting has been a very hot topic as of late. For a while, it appeared the Razorbacks were the team to beat for four-star Kaidon Salter of Cedar Hill (Texas). Now the Tennessee Volunteers have gained all of the momentum in that race. Two weeks ago, Arkansas offered another Texan in Lucas Coley of San Antonio Cornerstone Christian, and the next day offered and received a commitment from instate target Landon Rogers. The Hogs will take two in this year's class, and with Coley set to announce on May 5 all eyes will be on his decision. It's not completely over until it's completely over for Salter, who plans to announce on May 10, but things certainly appear to be headed Tennessee's way.
-Danny West of HawgSports.com (24/7)

I didn’t think this one was over. Looks like we won. Just ignore what I was saying. Jeez this staff!

Arkansas is closer to home, they are also recruiting his friends, and obviously their depth chart is way more appealing. All I said is watch where his friends go. When you get closer to signing day those things tend to weigh on you. 14 hours vs 5 hours. Tenn also has plenty of reasons on why he may commit there and stick with it. #1 being Weinke.

Joined in March. Nah on believing you.

Joined in March. Nah on believing you.
I'm not here to try to impress yall. I was giving free first hand knowledge of the situation. I don't have any info on any other recruit besides what I read. I'm not an insider by any means. But unless these other guys here are my family then they don't have the full intel.

Reactions: tennvols77
If he really blows up, I'd worry about Oklahoma, the masters of QB theft

They’re literally waiting on their ace in the hole. If by some miracle that doesent happen that’s the only way there’s interest here.

They’re in line to get the #2 overall QB in the class according to the national guy at 247

VN Store

Back