TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Ok, not a MUST, but a much higher upside with a mobile qb. Look at the playoff teams of late. The games evolving more and more towards guys who can run. Jmo

I can agree with that. I think Bailey can move when he needs to. We know Maurer can and even JG seemed to get a tad bit mire mobile.

Both the winning and runner up starters were pro style with some mobility...not dual threats.
Id agree with TL, but he is damn effective running when needed.

Joe is pass first, but he's just as dangerous with his legs. He's an escape artist. Dude must have eyes in the back of his head/ helmet.

I kinda use DT QB loosely and I shouldn't because they are more like a hybrid, which were seeing more of today.

When people think of DT, they typically think of a run first QB, which I don't really look at it like that anymore.

Either way, the playoff teams have qbs who can kill you with their legs and they are truly game changers. Much harder to defend and prepare for.

And we all know the story about JG being listed as a DT.

Reactions: Ratvol

Joe is pass first, but he's just as dangerous with his legs. He's an escape artist. Dude must have eyes in the back of his head/ helmet.

I kinda use DT QB loosely and I shouldn't because they are more like a hybrid, which were seeing more of today.

When people think of DT, they typically think of a run first QB, which I don't really look at it like that anymore.

Either way, the playoff teams have qbs who can kill you with their legs and they are truly game changers. Much harder to defend and prepare for.

I can see your point but I don’t agree with it. Dan Marino was a statue but he coupled his ungodly quick release with pocket awareness and wasn’t a sack risk. Conversely Michael Vick was sacked at a frequent rate which negated the net effect of his phenomenal athleticism. Peyton and Brady also made pass rushes almost futile. Give me a quarterback who can progress their route tree and break down disguised coverages over the version who’s not as advanced in that aspect but can be utilized as an extra running back. Bailey’s unproven but if he’s as good as some think, a running weapon is not going to be “a must”...he’ll be on the bench.

I can see your point but I don’t agree with it. Dan Marino was a statue but he coupled his ungodly quick release with pocket awareness and wasn’t a sack risk. Conversely Michael Vick was sacked at a frequent rate which negated the net effect of his phenomenal athleticism. Peyton and Brady also made pass rushes almost futile. Give me a quarterback who can progress their route tree and break down disguised coverages over the version who’s not as advanced in that aspect but can be utilized as an extra running back. Bailey’s unproven but if he’s as good as some think, a running weapon is not going to be “a must”...he’ll be on the bench.
Id take a Brady, Marino, or Manning all day long, don't get me wrong lol. I just like the extra dimension when your line can't get it done, or the opposing defense is shutting the pass down. The more weapons the better. I am very excited to have Bailey coming in though. I just want to win

“I’m going to start going on my visits in the spring — probably, like, on our spring break. I know Tennessee will most definitely be one of the ones that I attend,” said Salter, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 89 overall prospect and No. 4 dual-threat quarterback in the 2021 class.

“My dad’s been talking to me about (Vols quarterbacks) coach (Chris) Weinke, and he really is wanting me to come down, check out the campus and all that, so I’ll make it down there. “It’ll probably be for a spring practice, most definitely, so I can go up there and see how they coach and stuff like that.”

Weinke has stayed in frequent contact with Salter over the past several weeks. “Probably almost every other day, he texts me, shoots me a message to check in,” Salter said. “Actually, he texted me (Sunday) asking me how I was doing and things like that. “He said he loves how I play and how I can read the defenses, how I can be a pocket passer, then run when I have to run to pick up yardage — that’s what makes me a dual-threat quarterback — and how, when I scramble, I look downfield to pass first.”

The opportunity to play in the SEC is one of the main reasons Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss and Arkansas are on the list of schools Salter is planning to visit. “Being in the SEC, that’d be nice,” said Salter, who now holds offers from 22 schools after adding an offer Sunday from Michigan State. “Growing up, I really watched all the SEC schools. I just loved how they played, how the offenses are run. Even I can go under center or in the shotgun, so the offenses that they run, I think I can really fit in.”

He admitted the Vols are “a new one” to him, a team he “really never focused on” growing up. But he said he likes what he has seen since he started looking into the program last month, and he’s looking forward to visiting them. “It’s pretty nice,” Salter said. “I’ve seen some stuff when I looked at the school to check it out. I like the indoor facility and things like that — the athletic facilities.”

Salter said he will “be taking some” official visits in the spring as he moves toward his college decision, but he doesn’t believe it will be necessary for him to use an official visit to make his first trip to Tennessee. He said “it’s still to be determined” which teams will host him on official visits.

“It’ll probably be an unofficial because, when me and my dad were talking about planning trips, Tennessee was one of them on the list to make a drive to,” he said. “It would be a road trip — go and hit a few colleges up that way.”

The Vols are just one of several teams Salter expects to visit over the next few months.
“Really, I’m going to get to probably Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas most definitely,” he said. “Since Baylor is close, I might either do that one probably one of the first or maybe even one of the last. But everybody knows how I feel about Baylor, so it really wouldn’t change anything.”

He said he also might fly to California to “check out some of the Cali schools, like UCLA,” which recently extended an offer to him. He said Southern Cal and California have “been hitting me up,” too.

While Baylor remains the consensus favorite to land Salter, according to the 247Sports Crystal Ball, he admitted former Bears coach Matt Rhule leaving to become the head coach of the NFL’s Carolina Panthers has affected his interest in Baylor.

“It became more wide open once all of the coaches had left and went to the Panthers and things like that,” Salter said. “That’s when it became more wide open. (Baylor is) still high, but the change in the coaching staff, it most definitely made me look at it a little different.

“Got to get to know these coaches better and things like that — these new coaches.” Salter isn’t rushing to decide on a college but said he expects to pick a school before the start of his senior season. “It most definitely will probably be in the summer,” he said.

Id take a Brady, Marino, or Manning all day long, don't get me wrong lol. I just like the extra dimension when your line can't get it done, or the opposing defense is shutting the pass down. The more weapons the better. I am very excited to have Bailey coming in though. I just want to win
You want a Dobbs that can pass

Both the winning and runner up starters were pro style with some mobility...not dual threats.
“pro style with some mobility”

The only reason Clemson beat Ohio st was Trevor Lawrence legs and he dusted their secondary. 16 for 107. “Some mobility”

TL rushed for 156 yards and 2 TDs in the playoffs. I’d say he’s as dual threat as it gets.

“Dual threat” doesn’t mean run first.

VN Store

Back