TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Who's going to be the offensive coordinator? That sure as hell won't happen with Chaney. His play calling makes Cutcliffe's play calling from the 90's look radically unpredictable and innovative by comparison.
so far this season its hard to argue to the contrary

Hope im wrong here but I feel shades of Lynn Bowden Jr with Salter...
I think the college game will be to much for his passing ability

Based on what? Dude has a cannon and is dropping downfield dimes in his highlights. Do you have access to film that isn’t on YouTube?
No...his highlights are awsome....my thoughts are based on equal competition like the elite 11...his accuracy showed a weakness there.....when playing SEC talent will that improve or falter...IDK i lole that he focuses on passing more then running..so that bodes well for improvement...for the record i have accuracy concerns for arch as well after watching him on espn

Reactions: bpalmer28
Bowden played QB in highschool because he was his teams best player (Jimmy Holiday from last class and Christian Charles from this class). There were allegedly character issues that caused him to go to UK. Salter is a highly recruited QB for the position of QB. He is atheletic, but nowhere near the level of Bowden.

Bowden played QB in highschool because he was his teams best player (Jimmy Holiday from last class and Christian Charles from this class). There were allegedly character issues that caused him to go to UK. Salter is a highly recruited QB for the position of QB. He is atheletic, but nowhere near the level of Bowden.
Nice info.....thanks...is he just not as fast??? Hard to tell im highlights

Nice info.....thanks...is he just not as fast??? Hard to tell im highlights
He is a jumper in track and field. He has play making ability with his legs, but doesn't necessarily have sprinter speed. Bowden is a mid to high 4.4 40 speed where Salter is more in the 4.8 range.

The dual threat QB ranking is always confusing. I think it causes people to assume that the QB will be a run first Lamar Jackson type QB, then we get a JG haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: whodeycin85
He’s in a simplistic, athlete driven offense...and still has impressive highlights. He needs a season.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Someone above said he was a jumper.....glad he seems more of a pocket passer...seems to carry the ball low on the drop and has a longer release..that would hinder accuracy and is easily fixable..all great signs
All could be easily tweaked in a year of studying/practicing the fundamentals...which I’ve endorsed from the very beginning of this recruitment. There have been a number of high school QB’s from the DeSoto/Cedar Hill area that went on to the next level...this is the best prospect in the 25 years I’ve lived in the DFW area. Lot of FWIW in that statement.

At least we aren’t miserable piss and moaners like 99% of that crew over there. Starting threads to ask questions that could literally be answered by another thread, etc
Well see I came and offered an opinion and got lots of good info about the recurit while other decided to be aHoles and talk down to people

Well see I came and offered an opinion and got lots of good info about the recurit while other decided to be aHoles and talk down to people
I’m actually not talking down to you. I’m telling thw honest truth. It’s on you for taking it to another level. I’m just saying the way you came into the thread was like you knew everything to know about QBing an SEC team. I appreciate discussion and banter, but don’t take too kindly to arrogance on a topic. I wasn’t even really trying to be argumentative or even be a sunshine pumper. Called it like I saw it. If you don’t like that, well that’s on you.

Dude really said this guy is no better than a WR at QB LOL you don’t make the elite 11 by throwing the ball like Lynn Bowden.
You proved my point as well. Salter is a solid talent who just needs some more polish imo. Everyone is different when they arrive on campus. It’s a lot to take in, in a short amount of time. Drinking water through a firehose

Reactions: KPT_VFL

VN Store

Back