TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

@butchna sort of threw the proverbial pump the brakes on Salter, said he plays in as a simplistic offense there is, even for high school. He can correct me if I misquoted him. But that’s what I remember.
My guess is that Chaney would’ve had Bailey playing the position for a couple years and then when he leaves for the NFL, Salter will be ready to take the reigns.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
@butchna sort of threw the proverbial pump the brakes on Salter, said he plays in as a simplistic offense there is, even for high school. He can correct me if I misquoted him. But that’s what I remember.
No. You got it right. Cedar Hill runs a very basic athlete driven offense. A lot of his highlights is him running 50 miles to throw a 20 yard pass. He can benefit greatly from enrolling early, but if he’s our guy year 1 then it’s gone (even more) horribly wrong. I’m not Little, who says he’ll never be a factor. I think a season spent studying and practicing has him in the running.

No. You got it right. Cedar Hill runs a very basic athlete driven offense. A lot of his highlights is him running 50 miles to throw a 20 yard pass. He can benefit greatly from enrolling early, but if he’s our guy year 1 then it’s gone (even more) horribly wrong. I’m not Little, who says he’ll never be a factor. I think a season spent studying and practicing has him in the running.
Did I honestly say that?

Well, i feel differently now.

Maurer is gone after this season. And If Pruitt keeps screwing around with plugging in JG everytime another QB struggles...the Bailey would leave to.

Did I honestly say that?

Well, i feel differently now.

Maurer is gone after this season. And If Pruitt keeps screwing around with plugging in JG everytime another QB struggles...the Bailey would leave to.
Yes.

Good.

K.

I think he will prove to be a great qb or will be move to DB or WR fairly soon.

Don’t be that guy
If I was a recruit and committed to TN because I felt they were on the way up then I would have to hit the pause button after the last 6 quarters of play. That is just the way it is now. Shootin you straight. The decisions on JG going forward may ruin the program for years.

Many others will if we tank this year.
Well that goes without saying.

But larger picture, if we tank then Pruitt is gone anyway. Even during this Covid-19 season.

He really is coaching for his job now. He screwed up with Maurer. Had he been smart, he could have platooned Maurer and Bailey and kept them both around for a bit AND played a closer game to UGA and probably beat UK. As it is, he's now forced to play two really bad QBs or a true freshman. And his best bet is the true freshman

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

But larger picture, if we tank then Pruitt is gone anyway. Even during this Covid-19 season.

He really is coaching for his job now. He screwed up with Maurer. Had he been smart, he could have platooned Maurer and Bailey and kept them both around for a bit AND played a closer game to UGA and probably beat UK. As it is, he's now forced to play two really bad QBs or a true freshman. And his best bet is the true freshman

Pruitt isn't going anywhere unless maybe if he loses out. We don't have unlimited funds

Reactions: SugarCC
Idk why people think us losing games with severely anemic QB play would cause a QB to decommit. I’d be ready to rock and roll day 1 knowing the position is up for grabs. QB is the 1 position on the field that can change everything. We need that guy. HB or Salter can be that guy.

Hey boss man, don't fire him yet. Since you're the boss, maybe we should fire you.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back