TX QB Jalen Kitna (UF commit)

I know. In a COLLEGE recruiting thread. It’s the D4Hization of VN. 😒
I'll be interested in seeing how Kitna progresses. Obviously has good genes. If he's as good as dad.....Thumbs up for me.

Reactions: Vol8188
Jon Kitna was the worst NFL quarterback I ever saw. I hope Jalen is better than his father.

I never understand when people worry about NFL success over college success. It's like saying you wouldn't want Tebow, Vince young, Matt Leinart, Heath Shuler, Danny Weurffell etc because they didn't pan out in NFL..... heck kitna had better pro career than they did

"I only had heard great things about it, so I was expecting something pretty amazing," said Kitna, who's the son of former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna. "I would say it lived up to the hype." The younger Kitna, who received a scholarship offer from Tennessee almost three months ago, said he was particularly impressed during his stay in Knoxville by the "great people there." That includes everyone from Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff — led by quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney — to the people he encountered off campus.

"My Uber driver gave us a tour of the campus and filled us in on all the history and details of Tennessee before we even got to our hotel. That was pretty cool, seeing just how strong the fan base is," said Kitna, who also holds early offers from Colorado and Boston College. "Loved the coaching staff, too. Coach Weinke and Coach Chaney were real friendly and always coached me up on everything. I appreciate that because, first, it shows they care and, second, that I know what to expect. Love getting coached by them."

The 6-foot-3.5, 168-pound Kitna said one of the highlights of the visit was what happened at "the end of camp." "Got to throw with a few other select guys and have Coach Weinke right there — just him working with us on footwork and rhythm," Kitna said. "Also, I got to see the stadium, as well as the rest of the football facility, and the student center. All of them were amazing."

Weinke and the rest of the Vols' coaches let Kitna know they liked what they saw from him. "Last year before I moved, I was coached by my dad, and coming from the NFL, he ran a pro-style offense," said Kitna, whose father served as his head coach last year at Brophy College Preparatory in Arizona and now is the quarterbacks coach for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys. "I think my experience with that, being under center, being able to take a seven-step drop and just that advanced footwork is what they like.

"(Weinke) emphasizes feet and how important they are to a quarterback. I think I have some growing to do in terms of arm strength, putting on weight and things like that, but I’m still young. That was what I heard from them." While Kitna acknowledged that it's still early in his recruitment, and he admitted he's not sure when he might make the trip to Tennessee again, he said he's currently giving the Vols strong consideration. "They’re definitely a priority to me," he said. "I don’t want to say anything absolute, 'cause things can change quickly. But I really like everything about that place and that program."

Kitna said he's planning to make several more stops throughout the month of June. He said Texas, Baylor, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Boston College, Colorado and "possibly Stanford" are among the schools he plans to visit over the next few weeks. With other schools likely to join the race for Kitna in the coming months, he said he's not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college."I think I’ll know when I know," he said.

Sounds like if we don't land that Vandagriff kid, we have a really good shot here.
“That place is amazing. The campus and the college itself is just awesome. It looks like a thriving place.”
“The coaches made time out for me to evaluate me and made sure I was getting coached right. Every rep, they were there,” Kitna explained. “I feel like they made me their priority there even if they had other people there as well. It felt like they did a good job of paying attention to everybody too.
“I will definitely not forget Tennessee. That place is pretty special.”
Visit to UT "Was Everything I Dreamt it Would Be" for QB Target | RTI

It's funny because the better QBs in the AAF didn't even get a chance to be backups in the NFL

One of the reasons why those of us who watched the AAF games probably won't be telling our grandchildren about it.

i see from the quotes that we had an Uber showing him around campus... must not be a high priority?

How do you know? The man knew about rape at Vandy and didn’t say a damn word.
According to one of the victims, he said Sandusky wasn’t the only one raping little boys, and there were other people involved that went much higher up the food chain. Sandusky was acting as a pimp for them as well.

VN Store

Back