TX QB Jalen Kitna (UF commit)

Jon Kitna was the worst NFL quarterback I ever saw. I hope Jalen is better than his father.

For the reading comprehension challenged; TF'19 did not say that Jon Kitna is the worst ever NFL QB.
He said that Jon Kitna was the worst NFL QB that he has ever seen.
Many terrible QBs have passed through the NFL. Far too many for a comprehensive list.

But that is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned. If his kid is a baller, then sign him up.

Jon Kitna was the worst NFL quarterback I ever saw. I hope Jalen is better than his father.
Really stupid statement.
1) The guy was in the league for a long time. Even as a backup that's an impressive feat and not one you accomplish if you're the worst NFL QB in the league.
2) He won comeback player of the year one season.
3) He had the Bengals in the race for the playoffs one year.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Really stupid statement.
1) The guy was in the league for a long time. Even as a backup that's an impressive feat and not one you accomplish if you're the worst NFL QB in the league.
2) He won comeback player of the year one season.
3) He had the Bengals in the race for the playoffs one year.

Thank you.

I am interested in this kid because if he puts on some weight (and he has time) he might end up an exciting prospect given his pedigree. Had to do some research and it looks like this is Kitnas second son to go to CFB. The first Jordan walked on at TCU in 2016 then JUCO and ended up going d2 this past december. But Jordan is 6'1" 195 so totally different frame.

here is one of the only articles i found talking about him Jalen
Buffaloes first to offer son of former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna
interesting quote from article.. makes me immediately think he will love Pruitt
"I want a college that does it right in every phase, especially in player development," he said. "I want to play for a college program that is going to develop me physically, mentally and prepare me to be a real man. I think that is what I will be looking for the most."

Last edited:
Jon Kitna was one of those career Journeyman QB's u don't really see these days kinda like a vinny Testaverde he was a top 20 QB in stats most years but always played on bad teams Seahawks, Bengals, Detroit and usually got replaced by a first rounder career 77-78 QBR passed for almost 30k yards. His problem was TD/INT ratio 169/165 most of his problems were the teams he played on terrible offensive lines and WR's. Put him on a semi decent team and he is a decent starter. the only really great WR he ever had was Chad Johnson and that was during Chads first 2 years. His best statistical year came with him throwing to such legends as Mike Furrey and Roy Williams in DETROIT.

If his Kid has Half the arm talent he had he will be a good one. His father will be a bastion of knowledge because he mentored a couple good QB's Romo and Carson Palmer and is currently QB coach for Dallas Cowboys.. Also if you look at his track record he went to teams and ended up mentoring or getting replaced by first round picks (Dilfer, Palmer, Stafford) at all but his last stop (Romo). One could argue all but one of those guys was well above average at worst. Undrafted free agents dont keep getting signed for 14 years if they are no good.

TLDR version Kitna was far from a scrub and Honestly if he had ever been put in a decent situation with a good team he would have had a very different career..

Reactions: FïreBall
Kitna put up some really good numbers under Martz for Detroit back in the day. He started at least one season for them, and had a pretty good year.
Kitna started games in 12/14 seasons was a full time starter in 7/14 accounting for 124 starts over that time.. not sure how thats a benchwarmer

sorry quoted wrong post i meant to reply to Tennesseefan2019

Back up QB's in pro are usually really good college QB. Yes there are exceptions but not many!!! Don't discount a kid based on father not being a stud. That's not real smart.

3FA1DF22-8AAB-4BE3-AA05-B344BC8F030F.png
Not exactly sucking.
Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, jack Trudeau......they sucked

VN Store

Back