'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

. King picked up an offer from UT a couple months ago and left his visit with the Vols firmly in the mix. King is an athletic quarterback, capable of beating opponents in and outside the pocket. He’s coached by his dad and has an advanced perspective on the game. He hopes to return to UT sometime this summer.
-Hubbs

Sam Spiegelman" said:
The talented dual-threat quarterback from Longview (Texas) High School has a deep offer sheet with offers from across the SEC, Pac-12, Big 12 and more, with multiple schools pushing hard to secure his commitment down the road.

King revealed some of his biggest offers and the top contenders at this point with Rivals.

IN HIS OWN WORDS
"Auburn tells me I'm their top dude on their board,that they want me and they have one committed but they would take two quarterbacks only if I committed. I have a pretty good relationship with Coach Dill (offensive coordinator Dylan Cunningham). We've hit it off pretty well and we're in daily contact."

"Every offers means a lot, but because we're somewhat of a pro-style offense (at Longview) and they run a pro-style offense (at Texas A&M), we run mostly the same stuff. On Saturdays, we watch and notice that they run a lot of the same stuff. That means a lot. Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is a good coach, too. When I was on the phone with Coach Fisher and Coach (Darrell) Dickey, they told me they're gonna start recruiting me hard."
"I know UCLA, they want me. They have a lot of great coaches there, including Coach (Chip) Kelly, Coach (Dana) Bible, and they have pretty good resumes."

"I have a pretty strong relationship with Arkansas. They were the first Power 5 school to offer me. I'm close with Coach (Jeff) Traylor. I have a relationship with most of the coaches there. We have a good connection and they told me if I have any questions about Arkansas or anywhere else, they'd help me because we have a great relationship and want me to go where I want."

"I know they (Tennessee) has one quarterback committed, but their plan is to take two and I'm the top guy for them. I talk with Coach (Chris) Weinke on the regular and Coach (Jim) Chaney and Coach Jeremy Pruitt every now and then. With those three, I hit it off pretty regularly."

"With Baylor, we hit it off pretty good. I talk to Coach (Glenn) Thomas and Coach (Joey) McGuire. I've been having that relationship since I was growing up. I talk to Coach (Matt) Rhule we've hit it off. Pretty much, the whole staff is in contact. They hit me up once every week or two weeks, and you can feel the family around there and they have good coaching resumes."

"Duke has been recruiting me since basketball season, around February. That was when they first started to talk to me, and from there, they have been hitting me up and staying in contact. Right before then, they were just getting in contact and now it's a regular deal."

"I've talked with every school and anywhere you go, there's gonna be competition. I'm not gonna shy away from it. My dad preaches competition everywhere and you don't know what other dudes are gonna do. My sophomore year, I beat out two senior quarterbacks. That didn't happen until the fifth game of the season, but it happened, so I trust it and keep working to get better every day and learn. All these schools said the best quarterback will play and I trust it, so it depends on what I do in practice to prove them wrong or wright."

RIVALS REACTION
It was eye-opening to learn of all of King's offers, which are not publicly reported, and to see how many schools are recruiting him that hard. That top group is comprised of Baylor, TCU, Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas and Duke, and Texas A&M has a strong shot to jump into that group as they have steadily turned up the heat on the talented passer.

Kings named Oregon, Duke, UCLA and Ole Miss as potential visit destinations, but he hasn't given it too much thought. It's been hard enough trying to find time for unofficial trips between football, track and basketball seasons.

It does not appear there is a favorite -- at least at this point -- but two-quarterback classes and depth charts are not a concern. It's about fit, relationships with the staff and coaching resumes.
--Rivals

Reactions: T Dog
First minute of film....W-A-N-T. The Dobbs era has made me a true believer. Get the DTs, AOTBE, and develop their accuracy and eyes. Can't develop legs.

Uh....why?
The same reason no school is able to hold onto 2 quality qbs lately. From this guy's quotes, he's main priory for UT. I think Bailey will feel disrespected/ recruited over and the way recruiting is going, maybe Bailey taps out. Just see it ending in same fashion as Trevor Lawrence.

I know it's early and all the other VN cliches. This is not a real prediction, Just a feeling or BVS maybe? But we should be careful here and appreciate what we already have committed

The same reason no school is able to hold onto 2 quality qbs lately. From this guy's quotes, he's main priory for UT. I think Bailey will feel disrespected/ recruited over and the way recruiting is going, maybe Bailey taps out. Just see it ending in same fashion as Trevor Lawrence.

I know it's early and all the other VN cliches. This is not a real prediction, Just a feeling or BVS maybe? But we should be careful here and appreciate what we already have committed
That disqualifies the rest of your post.

He mentioned UT taking two QB's, and having one committed already. I took his comment to be that he (King) was their top priority for the second QB spot in this class. But, I may be completely wrong lol.

Respectfully, I hope the coaches aren't making recruiting decisions out of fear. We might lose Bailey anyway, regardless of any other QB we flirt with or sign. Or we may not lose him if we sign three QBs and he thinks we can be special. But if you are going down, go down fighting, scratching, and clawing for the best.

Fair enough
Like for being a good sport. I get it completely. I’m positive the relationships are good with Bailey that he isn’t the bridesmaid.

Recruitment going slow is a matter of waiting to see if this A+ staff can produce on the field. I believe if this team fights for 60 minutes every week, we will make a statement that we ain’t gonna be smacked around like punks any longer. Recruits see that, but we are practically near our recruiting ceiling until we prove it. 0A284DE5-513B-4D3D-A412-40794EB7DDD3.gif

Reactions: VolForLife83

VN Store

Back