'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Do you follow recruiting at all? He does this with everyone. I don't care what ever other recruiting analyst has done. I was being specific about Callahan. The guy is turning into a joke. There are many accurate analyst for other schools. He isn't one of them.

Callahan's niche seems to be his high accuracy, not his soothsaying skills. When he makes a call for your guys, you know you can be excited. If the kid doesn't know yet where he is going, it is silly to complain that a writer who hardly knows the kid doesn't know. If what you prefer is an uninformed SWAG, there are plenty of people on Vol nation who will be happy to provide that for free. And if you don't subscribe to C, you have a lot of nerve complaining about what he doesn't provide you.

You're the one crying for him to make a damn prediction and at the same time saying he has no credibility and no balls. If he has no credibility why are you following him?
I'm sorry you can't coherently read and comprehend. I love that you are getting so pissed over this. You are making my day and I wasn't even trying to troll. I made a statement about how I feel Callahan is very ambiguous until literally everyone on the planet knows what is happening. That makes it very easy to have a high success rate on predictions. If you followed recruiting regularly, you would understand this. Not to mention what Bryn Tucker's dad said on this board about these so called analyst.

I'm sorry you can't coherently read and comprehend. I love that you are getting so pissed over this. You are making my day and I wasn't even trying to troll. I made a statement about how I feel Callahan is very ambiguous until literally everyone on the planet knows what is happening. That makes it very easy to have a high success rate on predictions. If you followed recruiting regularly, you would understand this. Not to mention what Bryn Tucker's dad said on this board about these so called analyst.
Quite a post for someone not trying to troll. Imagine if you really put some effort into it. You could probably get some mattresses burning by suppertime.

Reactions: VolDC
Think some guys are thinking I am bashing on the kid. I just stated his throwing motion is weird. He has a cannon and is very accurate so he is a get in my book. (Nothing wrong with having a weird throwing motion) I agree it would be nice to have a guy who can get the ball in, around, over, under whoever they need to in order to get it to our receivers.
I don’t think you’re bashing him, I just don’t see a weird throwing motion. Philip Rivers and Danny Wuerffel, they have/had weird throwing motions. All is see from this kid is a quick, fast-twitch that looks strong and athletic. Angle of the highlights I saw were from distance/the defensive backfield, so maybe I didn’t have the best look?

You missed my point. Those guys charge monthly fees to a lot of people to not be that ambiguous with his predictions. Is he an expert or not?
Some might think that going in but that's not what Callahan and Hubbs do, they don't make bold predictions. If they did they wouldn't have many subscribers after awhile due to recruiting being so fluid. But when they do say things like "vols are in a good spot" that usually means good news, as we all know. You and I wish they would make more bold predictions but that's not their style, they don't do that. It certainly is annoying at times how much Callahan waffles though.

And in another post you said Callahan is an analyst, or that Bryn Tuckers dad complained about them. Callahan isn't an analyst. He's an editor/reporter/writer. He doesn't evaluate kids and participate in the ranking process. Neither do Hubbs, Simonton, Price or the rest. Guys like Woody Wommack, Barton Simmons and the national or regional guys do.

I don’t think you’re bashing him, I just don’t see a weird throwing motion. Philip Rivers and Danny Wuerffel, they have/had weird throwing motions. All is see from this kid is a quick, fast-twitch that looks strong and athletic. Angle of the highlights I saw were from distance/the defensive backfield, so maybe I didn’t have the best look?
The ball gets there in a hurry with no extra motion and his release point isn’t low. Nothing to fret about unless one is simply determined.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Some might think that going in but that's not what Callahan and Hubbs do, they don't make bold predictions. If they did they wouldn't have many subscribers after awhile due to recruiting being so fluid. But when they do say things like "vols are in a good spot" that usually means good news, as we all know. You and I wish they would make more bold predictions but that's not their style, they don't do that. It certainly is annoying at times how much Callahan waffles though.

And in another post you said Callahan is an analyst, or that Bryn Tuckers dad complained about them. Callahan isn't an analyst. He's an editor/reporter/writer. He doesn't evaluate kids and participate in the ranking process. Neither do Hubbs, Simonton, Price or the rest. Guys like Woody Wommack, Barton Simmons and the national or regional guys do.
Thanks for the clarity on what Callahan does, but it doesn't change my frustration with those guys. It doesn't seem like anyone has a concrete source inside the program anymore, and I think a lot of people thinks that's where their information comes from.

Thanks for the clarity on what Callahan does, but it doesn't change my frustration with those guys. It doesn't seem like anyone has a concrete source inside the program anymore, and I think a lot of people thinks that's where their information comes from.
Pruitt definitely keeps things more in-house than we're accustomed to. Callahan, Hubbs and those guys seem to get most of their info from the recruits/families/HS coaches more often nowadays. Which is why sometimes a kid pops up out of nowhere and we later find out the staff has been recruiting that kid for awhile but no one told 247 or VQ so we didn't know.

Last edited:

Yep.. You have to read between the lines with Callahan. He hedges his bet with every verbal prediction but once you learn to speak Callahan it's pretty easy to see what he's saying.

The ball gets there in a hurry with no extra motion and his release point isn’t low. Nothing to fret about unless one is simply determined.

Exactly I wasn’t fretting just stating it looked weird to me. Oh well. He can spin it that’s all that matters.

Pruitt definitely keeps things more in-house than we're accustomed to. Callahan, Hubbs and those guys seem to get most of their info from the recruits/families/HS coaches more often nowadays. Which is why sometimes a kid pops up out of nowhere and we later find out the staff has been recruiting that kid for awhile but no one told 247 or VQ so we didn't know.
I think he learned that lesson from Saban well. He has opened up somewhat to the media but most of its fluff. He hasn’t seemed to alienate the media as bad as Dooley did but part of that I’m sure is bc Fulmer is in his corner. I’m sure Hubbs and co aren’t a fan of the restricted access

Seems ridiculous but I think duke is our primary competition right now. A&M has some work to do imo.

That actually makes me think this kid is pretty smart. Cutcliffe is one of the best at developing QBs. Chaney is great, too, and we have Weinke (and Tee Martin!) on staff. He understands exactly which coaches are likely to develop him, which is not something you can say about most high school kids.

VQ doesn’t have the access they used to. With so many regime changes those guys lost their sources as did most other outlets.

The good news is other sources will emerge. Seems we have some here on Volnation and that won’t be $9.95

I'm not ruling out Tennessee and maybe Duke wins it on this last visit but all the buzz based on logistics and Jimbo Fisher's track record following a strong official visit, I like the way this is setting up for the Aggies.

He loves Tennessee and the coaches there, they've done a great job so maybe he says leaving the state is cool, but I think they believe they can get everything they want in College Station. We'll see how it shakes out.

-Wiltfong

Agree with Steve.

This feels like it is going down to the wire with Texas A&M and Tennessee, and as he said, the Vol coaching staff has done an outstanding job building this relationship over the past several months.

But the logistical standpoint of staying close to home, especially in regards to King's family, is a significant factor in Texas A&M's advantage.

-Gabe Brooks

So basically, “We’re purely speculating because A&M thinks they can get everyone and he’s from Texas.”

Cool

“Please pay for in-depth analysis you could have wrote out yourself but you don’t work here.”

VN Store

Back