'24 TX OT Max Anderson (Tennessee commit)

Probably a guard imo. Just my opinion after watching him. If we are recruiting him that way it makes it interesting. Staff likes guys that are bigger than kick inside if they don't work out at tackle per se. Ginther can play guard, O'Connell is a guard, etc. So wonder how hard we are pushing. That could explain some things as to why I or other Tennessee insiders haven't heard his name much despite him scheduling an OV here. Disclaimer this is all speculation and just my thoughts after watching him. Looks like a good player

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
Probably a guard imo. Just my opinion after watching him. If we are recruiting him that way it makes it interesting. Staff likes guys that are bigger than kick inside if they don't work out at tackle per se. Ginther can play guard, O'Connell is a guard, etc. So wonder how hard we are pushing. That could explain some things as to why I or other Tennessee insiders haven't heard his name much despite him scheduling an OV here. Disclaimer this is all speculation and just my thoughts after watching him. Looks like a good player
Just my opinion as well. I think he is a RT all day. Arms are plenty long and he plays with pretty good pad level and has good footwork. Seems like a better run blocker than a pass blocker as of now but I think projected RT is the spot.

I've never heard this saying before lol
What does it mean?

The 6-foot-5, 305-pound Anderson’s planned trip to Tennessee the weekend of June 23 is the only official visit he currently has scheduled, and he expects to make it to Knoxville before then. He said he’s in the process of setting up an unofficial visit to Tennessee that could happen as early as next week.

“Definitely one of the top, top teams for me,” he said. “I’m really loving it.”
Anderson said he’s hearing from Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff “maybe, like, three or four times a week,” led by offensive line coach Glen Elarbee, senior offensive analyst Max Thurmond, offensive graduate assistant Aston Walter, offensive graduate assistant Kevin Pendleton and offensive analyst Micah James.
“I just really feel like I would have a blast if I went there,” Anderson said. “I would have no regrets. I just see nothing wrong with the coaching staff. I have no cons at all. They know when to have fun, and they know how to work. I like that.”
“I’ve kind of gotten to know that I’m going to be a guard or center, so I switched to guard and I’m playing that right now,” said Anderson, who has received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools. “So I’m just trying to get a little ahead of the game. I played, like, five or six games last year at it. My coaches realized, they’re like, ‘Damn, this is way better.’ So now I’m stuck at it.
He said there are “a few dates that I’m looking at” for his possible visit to Tennessee this month. He said “maybe, like, the 15th is what we’re looking at,” but he doesn’t “know if Coach Elarbee’s going to be in town” because of the ongoing spring evaluation period, “so we might have to switch it to another time.”
callahan

VN Store

Back