'20 TX OG Kyree Miller

I doubt he has the footwork to be an OT at that size, but I really don't know much about him at all other than he big.
Writeup above makes it sound like this is correct. Doesn't sound like OT or pulling guard. Straight road grader. Maybe can pull after time in S&C. Sounds like his only weakness. He and Bailey can run mobility drills together 😁

He certainly likes to ride his man to the ground. Big ole boy. Needs to drop a few pounds. Not sure he can play many snaps in a row in the SEC at that weight but we'll see if he stays committed.
Road grader for sure. Welcome aboard and GBO!

Not sure I understand this one. Is there concern we won’t fill the class? I hope to eat crow, but a 3 star guy that is grossly out of shape doesn’t seem like he should be a take just yet. Especially with that offer list as a guy playing high school ball in Texas.

Reactions: vettefool
Not sure I understand this one. Is there concern we won’t fill the class? I hope to eat crow, but a 3 star guy that is grossly out of shape doesn’t seem like he should be a take just yet. Especially with that offer list as a guy playing high school ball in Texas.
Other than Mays, all of our OL this cycle are “3 stars”. Want to wait on all of them or just trust our coaches evaluations?

I'm thinking he's a PWO. No other P5 offers. Maybe just hoping to come play his way on here. Impressive how we are utilizing those, like Hill from Maryland.

Good pick-up. He is a big guy.

I wish they would offer this 2021 offensive tackle from TX.
Tommy Brockermeyer, 2021 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

He is committed to Texas, but it might be worth a shot. He goes to my daughter’s school and is a heck of a player.

You are breaking some news if that is true. Texas is definitely the favorite for the Brockermeyer Twins because their Dad played there and older brother is on the team but I didn’t think either had officially committed yet.

Don’t let Miller’s recruiting rankings or his offer list fool you; the massive offensive lineman has a lot of skill and potential. When you think of the phrase “road grader,” Miller is the type of lineman you’re talking about. He’s extremely physical, gets good hand placement, and is a pancake maker on his highlight film. Granted, a lot of the defenders he’s going up against look to be somewhat undersized, but he controls the line of scrimmage even when taking on bigger bodies.

Miller moves exceptionally well for his size. One of the things that stands out to me the most about his play is just how quick on his feet he is. He’s able to pull outside effectively in run blocking, and he gets upfield with ease when blocking at the next level. I’m very impressed not only by his movement speed and overall athleticism, but also by his football IQ. He seems to have a solid foundation of skills, and he has that toughness and nastiness to him that Jim Chaney and Will Friend are really coveting in offensive linemen at UT.

I’m no offensive line expert, but if Jim Chaney likes an offensive lineman, that usually tells me all I need to know.

Impact Report: 2020 Guard Kyree Miller | Rocky Top Insider

The S&C program will turn this big guy into a friggen road grader........OMG that is a bunch of biscuits and gravy right there.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You are breaking some news if that is true. Texas is definitely the favorite for the Brockermeyer Twins because their Dad played there and older brother is on the team but I didn’t think either had officially committed yet.
No news to break, but an offer would at least get a foot in the door. His dad also played in the NFL for 7-8 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudley Smith
giphy.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back