'22 TX ILB Justin Medlock

I’m thinking of the Dallas area and recruiting of yesteryear. I’m sure some of the oldies remember Parade All-American Derric Evans. Signed with UT out of Dallas Carter HS....yet never made it to campus unfortunately, because of an armed robbery charge that kept him from ever playing collegiately and dashed any pro aspirations.

Kid was super talented...and super confident. Signed his LOI in a hot tub...😎

9449A11C-F237-40C0-B6FC-FE7E365853F4.png

Medlock, a Class of 2022 linebacker from Manvel (Texas) High School, said he enjoyed his virtual tour of Tennessee’s campus last week. And while he hasn’t made any plans so far, he said he “could definitely see myself” visiting the Vols at some point.

“The visit was really good,” said Medlock, who’s ranked the No. 447 overall prospect and No. 15 inside linebacker in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I liked their facilities and got to talk to the defensive coaching staff. They're all really good people.”

“I could definitely see myself visiting,” Medlock said. “I like the type of defense that is run over there, and I feel like they've brought in some great coaches.”

Medlock said he’s talking with the Vols “a couple times a week.”

“I've been talking to Coach BJ the most,” Medlock said, referring to Jean-Mary. “They want me to play inside at the Mike or Will (linebacker) position. They really like my speed and versatility.”
-Callahan

I know this isn't the thread to ask but how is the family doing?
Kids are taking it hard. Especially the boys. Ken is trying to regain strength but is doing fantastic. He has a long road to recovery. The fact he's still with us is remarkable. Vol nation has been special. Thank you for asking.

Kids are taking it hard. Especially the boys. Ken is trying to regain strength but is doing fantastic. He has a long road to recovery. The fact he's still with us is remarkable. Vol nation has been special. Thank you for asking.
He's a strong man, and strong family, for making it this far. Hopefully his recovery is uneventful and speedy

Prayers out to him and his family. If you do talk to them let them know we are still thinking about him and praying. If there’s anymore expenses they didn’t not think about do another fund me.

VN Store

Back