'20 TX ATH Kitan Crawford (Texas Commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
favrgnjokz8ux24lfzle

5'11" 190lbs
Tyler, TX
(John Tyler HS)

Kitan Crawford, John Tyler, Running Back
Kitan Crawford, 2020 Athlete - Rivals
Kitan Crawford on Hudl

Last edited:
Vols Recruitment Timeline

2/21/19 - Vols offer. (.8527) composite
4/13/19 - Official Visit for O&W game
4/25/19 - Staff visited with him per VQ.
6/6/19 - Vols make his top 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
Crawford is a prospect set to make his first visit to Tennessee this weekend, and the Texas native plans to come to a decision soon-after. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound athlete is just a 3-star, but Tennessee’s staff loves the John Tyler High playmaker. Crawford is a legit target high on the board at cornerback, with Derrick Ansley and Pruitt leading the recruitment. Texas, the presumed favorite, and Baylor are two of his other finalists, so we’ll see if Tennessee can move a real move this weekend.
Simonton

Crawford is a prospect set to make his first visit to Tennessee this weekend, and the Texas native plans to come to a decision soon-after. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound athlete is just a 3-star, but Tennessee’s staff loves the John Tyler High playmaker. Crawford is a legit target high on the board at cornerback, with Derrick Ansley and Pruitt leading the recruitment. Texas, the presumed favorite, and Baylor are two of his other finalists, so we’ll see if Tennessee can move a real move this weekend.
-VQ

For the record Kitan ran a 10.61 in the 100m. Compare/contrast that with Ebony Jackson's time for the 3 star haters.
Yea and unlike Ebony, he actually looks fast on film. He's running away from other players pretty easily. Is this competition good?

Tyler, Texas defensive back/athlete Kitan Crawford said Tennessee definitely improved their chances with him after spending the weekend on Rocky Top. Crawford, who visited along with his parents, left impressed with everything he saw. “I had a good time. I hung out with Q (Quavaris Crouch). This place feels like home,” Crawford said. “Getting on the plane I didn’t think I would enjoy myself, but the coaches and the players were all so welcoming to me. I enjoyed myself and had a great time.” “The city is beautiful. It’s not too big or too small it’s just right. I like the campus. They have a good business program.” The 5-11, 190 pound Crawford is also considering Texas, Baylor and TCU. Crawford said distance from home which it an hour outside of Dallas would not be an issue.
“Distance and traveling is not a problem. My parents are going to support me in what ever I decide. They love me and wherever I go, they are going to support it.” Crawford took in Tennessee’s spring game and played close attention to what he saw from the defensive backs. Tennessee is recruiting the two play player as a cornerback which is where Crawford wants to play in college. “They see me as a corner moving me around and playing me on special teams in kick return and punt return,” Crawford said. “They play their DB’s early. There are two freshmen who started last year. One thing they were talking about is that I would be able to play. I would be in the game and not on the sideline.” Crawford has no timetable for a decision as he hopes to visit TCU soon. When it comes time to make a final decision Crawford said it will be a gut feeling centered around the bond he has with the coaching staffs “The relationships with the coaches,” Crawford said of what’s most important for him. “My connection to them is the biggest thing.”
-VQ

Simonton talked this kid up on podcast, said he's well built/stacked and folks in the program like him a lot. Decision soon, Texas was favorite before weekend. Did Vols do enough to overtake that spot?

VN Store

Back