'24 TX ATH Dylan Goodrich (Legacy)

His father was a three-year starter at Tennessee who helped the Vols win the 1998 national championship and went on to play for the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. The younger Goodrich’s sister, Jillian, is a current student at Tennessee who works in the Vols’ football program.

“Since my sister goes here, I’ve been here a lot,” Dylan Goodrich said. “For the past three years, I’ve been here. My dad went here. (My sister is) a sophomore right now, so I came here for the past few years.”

Goodrich admitted he would have “some big shoes to fill” if he chooses to play at Tennessee. But he said he’s not opposed to the idea of playing for the Vols despite the pressure that might come with following in his father’s footsteps.

“He told me that he passed the torch already to me,” Dylan Goodrich said of his father.

The younger Goodrich said he likes what he has seen of Tennessee during his trips to Knoxville over the past few years, and he enjoyed taking a closer look at the program during his recent visit with the Vols.

“It’s a beautiful place,” he said. “I like this place. Beautiful place — some big hills, but it’s a beautiful place. I like that. No hills in Dallas, so it’s some big hills over here.”
Goodrich said his father, who’s originally from Illinois, has spoken highly of his experience at Tennessee, too.

“He said he loved it,” Dylan Goodrich said. “Everybody treated him well, treated everybody well. He said he liked it, pretty much. It was beautiful.”

While he said he wasn’t a fan of a particular team growing up, he said he’s open to the idea of leaving the state of Texas to play in college.

“I want to leave home,” the younger Goodrich said. “I’m a Texas boy. I want to see the world a little bit.”

Goodrich said he mostly worked at wide receiver during Tennessee’s camp, but it’s still possible that he could end up playing in the secondary in college. He said he doesn’t “really have a preference” on which position he plays.
-Callahan

Dwayne is a all time great to me here but he sure made some bad decisions. Straight baller in his day though.

VN Store

Back