Two Vols Earn AP First Team All SEC Honors

Hate it for Bituli. If he had played in all games no doubt he would be.
If he'd played in all the games he'd have had a better chance, but LB in the SEC is a very competitive position... how many end up in the NFL... it's kind of like kids all star teams, they tend to be made up of a dozen shortstops/pitchers.

Reactions: newVOLworld
We all know that Pruitt is a DB coach at heart, and spends a lot of time with the back of our defense.

Warrior would have never been drafted coming into this season, or even on a watch list for all SEC. Shows you what good coaching as well as mucho effort on Warriors part can do. He is the son of the best DB we have ever had...not Berry, no, Dale Carter. Unanimous first team All American twice as a DB as well as at kick returner where he led the nation at 29 yards per attempt IIRC. He was my favorite player as a kid, and went on to an All Pro career. Warrior always had the speed and strength to be a great player, in his blood. He needed good coaching to focus his talent and make the most of it.

Very happy for him and his coaches. Speaks volumes about both. Go Vols

Reactions: feathersax
Amazing that Warrior made all SEC. That BYU Debacle totally took him off most lists. He did make some pics; but Dale Carter he ain't. (If you weren't around for Dale Carter, He basically took some games over) STILL, I'm happy for Nigel; who obviously benefited from Coach Pruitt's expertise. The Big Story here is Trey Smith! Wow, that makes a Vol Fan tear up; knowing what Trey Went through. Love me some Trey Smith! AND BITULI! Those two are the Heart and soul of the Offense and Defense.

Also disappointed to see no recognition for Brent Cimaglia. Personally, I thought he was better than UGA's Blankenship. Could just be sour grapes and BVS on my part.
Congratulations to Smith and Warrior. Way to represent the Big Orange!

A compelling argument could be made that Bituli is the best defender in the SEC and he only played in 10 games.

We all know that Pruitt is a DB coach at heart, and spends a lot of time with the back of our defense.

Warrior would have never been drafted coming into this season, or even on a watch list for all SEC. Shows you what good coaching as well as mucho effort on Warriors part can do. He is the son of the best DB we have ever had...not Berry, no, Dale Carter. Unanimous first team All American twice as a DB as well as at kick returner where he led the nation at 29 yards per attempt IIRC. He was my favorite player as a kid, and went on to an All Pro career. Warrior always had the speed and strength to be a great player, in his blood. He needed good coaching to focus his talent and make the most of it.

Very happy for him and his coaches. Speaks volumes about both. Go Vols
Ruggs (Bama) chased him down like he was a parked car. He did finally reach his potential under Pruitt.

VN Store

Back