Two off the head observations from regionals…

brockytop

1) Behind the plate umping is every bit as bad as what we see from CFB and CBB officials. The lack of consistency in ball/strike calls is really something else.
2) No fan of any shoe company in general, but thank God we’re with Nike as compared to other schools that have Adidas or Under Armor uniforms. Absolutely brutal. Those others look cheap as hell.

The strike zone changes every inning, sometimes from batter to batter.

I have owned some of all brands, but Nike dri-fit stuff is my favorite by far. I have tons of dri-fit clothing and hats. I wear Nike dri-fit pro-combat socks when hunting, most of the time by themselves. They keep my feet dry and have extra padding on the heels and toes too. When its really cold i put some Under armor smartwool socks over them.

I have some Adidas UT gear that hardly sees the light of day. Nice stuff too, just doesnt fit the same.

I disagree about the plate umpires: I think they've been pretty good and pretty consistent.

To hell with all these "uniform" posts! Can they play baseball, that's what counts. I don't think any scouting report says something like "man their uniforms and shoes really stink, and oh yeah, they are a good baseball team in spite of it"

The call in the Maryland-UConn game where the first baseman was completely blocking 1st base and the runner was called out for colliding with him was next-level bad. If that had happened in Knoxville, they would have been cleaning mustard off the turf for the next month.

Reactions: volsagain
The call in the Maryland-UConn game where the first baseman was completely blocking 1st base and the runner was called out for colliding with him was next-level bad. If that had happened in Knoxville, they would have been cleaning mustard off the turf for the next month.

Yes, that was a missed call, what I do not understand is why no other referee at the game did not in a huddle over-rule the call. That was quite poor and did likely affect the final outcome of the game.

VN Store

Back