Two new starters?

Well I really don't know if tn will be good or not, I was just giving you a fact...
There's a difference between starting a kid cause he's a phenom, and starting a kid cause he's your best option.

I love all of our players. I am happy for every kid who decided he wanted to play at Tennessee. That includes all the freshmen.

But I also want to field a team full of players who have earned their way out there because of their effort and ability, and not because of the guy in front of them.

Reactions: BreatheUT
There's a difference between starting a kid cause he's a phenom, and starting a kid cause he's your best option.

I love all of our players. I am happy for every kid who decided he wanted to play at Tennessee. That includes all the freshmen.

But I also want to field a team full of players who have earned their way out there because of their effort and ability, and not because of the guy in front of them.

There are a few of these freshman that would most likely start for most schools. But I do agree if average freshman are starting they are in for a long season.

Reactions: vollygirl
....and whom most have never beaten Vandy!! EEEKKK!

I think the primma donnas of Jones group are gone now. I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see a new level of intensity this season. This is Pruitts biggest challenge IMO this year. Vols have to act like they love playing for him and will give effort. Last 2 years were embarrassing. Players didn’t play like they cared. Jmo.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver

Give it two more years.

I think the primma donnas of Jones group are gone now. I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t see a new level of intensity this season. This is Pruitts biggest challenge IMO this year. Vols have to act like they love playing for him and will give effort. Last 2 years were embarrassing. Players didn’t play like they cared. Jmo.

No doubt! Pruitt has done a good job of weeding out who is for real and who was not. I think last year, the team could feel the talent deficiency, but still had good moments (Auburn and Kentucky). If they can work on improving and doing their job as being the best player they can be, there will be plenty more good moments...

I wouldn't be surprised if 5-6 true freshman start considering Buchanan is still hurt and there are opportunities abound at DL, LB, DB and OL. Someone earlier mentioned that A. Taylor was banged up. Any intel on this?

I expect it to be closer to 2-4 but you never know. Morris, Wright, Simmons, Burrell, McCollough, Crouch, To'o to'o, Harrison and Keyton are all in the mix and could leap frog established starters.

Where is McCollough going to start? Warrior and Flowers have the safety spots locked down IMO, and I wasn't under the impression McCollough was running with the 1s at STAR.

McCollough, Keyton and Burrell may end up starting at the Star and Nickel.

Henry Toto is going to start point blank. wants will start as well and eventually wright will crack the starting lineup. I think Burrell has a chance to play the star position if buchanan in which I'm not a fan of struggles. Eric gray is my sleeper pick for offense

To’oto’o is a monster. He’d be starting at Bama right now with their injuries. Gotta shake off some of that BVS and remember we’re dealing with professionals again.

We did start freshmen last year but this year they aren’t freshmen, and the freshmen we start this year won’t be freshmen next year. It’s a building process.

It's early but I'm still expecting Wright to start week 1.

Big difference is Morris and Wright is Morris got here in January and was a part of spring practice. Wright came in after graduating in May. He just has some catching up to do. Against Georgia State, I doubt he starts the opening series. But if cream rises to the top, and if he lives up to his billing, I think he may be starter in week 1....at the start of the second half at the earliest. More likely, starts in week 2.

Reactions: feathersax
We can continue to play Butch's players who are 4-18 in their last 22 SEC games...

Well, I expect Pruitt to rehabilitate Butch's players. Not just bring in "his guys". If player development is something he is good at, they should reach their potential.

Reactions: feathersax
Well, I expect Pruitt to rehabilitate Butch's players. Not just bring in "his guys". If player development is something he is good at, they should reach their potential.

He will but it's going to be a bumpy ride . Bad habits are hard to break.

Reactions: Pride85
There are going to be several that he will "rehabilitate". Some didn't want to do the work (most of those are gone) or some have technique that is badly broken. They may reach the peak of their potential, but it may not be as high as it once was due to circumstances.

VN Store

Back