Two former Vols on Evans

There’s quite a bit to like if not love about this young man. He runs like he’s on a mission to get to the yellow line every carry. When he breaks one, no one has been able to catch him. I wouldn’t call him one of our burners, but I’ve yet to see SEC secondary personnel run him down. Would like to see him get carries for three seasons with us. He’s been a fantastic addition.

Reactions: 3-2-1-Wolf
I just noticed in this picture, there are 3 different shades of orange on his uniform. Hope we can get that fixed in time for the helmets debut.
I don't know why but our UT orange is a different shade by every manufacturer and it drives me crazy. I was commenting about it to my wife when they were showing close ups of the fans on Saturday.

Was at the QB Club lunch today and Coach Mack had glowing praise for him and his ability to fight for extra yards. He said Small probably had the best hands in the room. Really impressed with what he’s done with all of our RBs

The thing about Evans and even Smalls .. they both get more yardage after contact than both Gray and Chandler ... I'd rather our 2 than those .. Gray got 6 caries against Texas .. and Chandler not doing anything close to Evans .. that is 2 more we don't miss ....

The thing about Evans and even Smalls .. they both get more yardage after contact than both Gray and Chandler ... I'd rather our 2 than those .. Gray got 6 caries against Texas .. and Chandler not doing anything close to Evans .. that is 2 more we don't miss ....
Evans and Chandler have very similar stats, however, I would take Evans style of play over chandler any day of the week.
Ty: 88 carries, 484 yds, 5 catches, 123 yds, 5td
Tiyon: 73 carries, 486 yds, 4 catches, 78 yds, 6td

However, most of chandlers was 198 vs UVA, while Evans has been more consistent week to week

Their Dlines no better than USCjrs
Ole Miss statistically is a worse run defense than Carolina. Stats wise they’re towards the bottom in the country. If we get going on the ground on offense it will be interesting. I think they should be the better team but we matchup really well against their weakness.

I prefer the slow, white fullback approach to running with two arms holding the ball like it’s a baby cub with your head down exposing yourself to serious injury

Probably the way the light was hitting it

Yeah, lighting might have something to do with it. On the TV at home the jerseys actually looked purple, like a Clemson purple, maybe a bit darker. But in later photographs, on the internet - the black was just that, pure black.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Gotta complain about something.
Wasn't complaining, it's just that we are a premier program and nike should have no problem matching our colors. They did it for Oregon for years... I would like a uniform that doesn't look like it was thrown together overnight.

Wasn't complaining, it's just that we are a premier program and nike should have no problem matching our colors. They did it for Oregon for years... I would like a uniform that doesn't look like it was thrown together overnight.
I think they would have looked better if the black was a true black and the orange was Tennessee Orange. I liked the idea of Nike had correctly gotten the colors right.

Reactions: greenbacknative

VN Store

Back