Two former Vols on Evans

Cameras are not human eyes. Colors we see from cameras is not always precisely the same as colors we see with our eyes without the camera.
That is so true. My wife and I were watching the game and we both thought the jerseys looked closer to blue than black. I told her that is has to be something with the cameras. I know it's not my TV because black colors show up during TV shows all the time.

That is so true. My wife and I were watching the game and we both thought the jerseys looked closer to blue than black. I told her that is has to be something with the cameras. I know it's not my TV because black colors show up during TV shows all the time.

Old photographs were produced by chemical reactions on film and photographic paper. Digital photographs of course are products of sensors, programs, and electronics. They do not produce the same shades of colors which our mind perceives from signals sent from the optic nerve. They are not the same systems, and they react somewhat differently to colors and lighting conditions.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Old photographs were produced by chemical reactions on film and photographic paper. Digital photographs of course are products of sensors, programs, and electronics. They do not produce the same shades of colors which our mind perceives from signals sent from the optic nerve. They are not the same systems, and they react somewhat differently to colors and lighting conditions.
This ^. That is why Mars landers have color calibration disks for their cameras. Gotta adjust them to match perceived color
D222F4CF-81CC-4555-A8D7-2559E3BA041C.jpeg

Right. There are a chain of electronic systems between those jerseys and our eyeballs.

Cameras are not human eyes. Colors we see from cameras is not always precisely the same as colors we see with our eyes without the camera.
Very true. Surely everyone noticed that the black uniforms looked almost purple with the sunlight reflecting off. The camera can get fooled. Might have looked jet black under the lights.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

Hmmmm....That's not what how it was explained in Calvin and Hobbes:

Dad, How come old photographs are always black and white?
Didn't they have color film back then?

Sure they did. In fact, those old photographs ARE in color.
It's just that the world was black and white then.

Really?

Yep. The world didn't turn color until sometime in the 1930's,
and it was a pretty grainy color for a while, too.

But then why are old paintings in color? If the world was
black and white, wouldn't artists have painted it that way?

Not necessarily. A lot of great artists were insane.

But...but how could they have painted in color anyway?
Wouldn't their paints have been shades of gray back then?

Of course, but they turned colors like everything else did in the 30's.

So why didn't old black and white photos turn color too?

Because they were color pictures of black and white things, remember?

... Calvin and Hobbes. By Watterson, 1993.

They were. Camera shading has been horrible recently. A lot of the guys moved careers during shutdown, more retired and a bunch refuse to vaccinate and are not allowed to work. Im not sure who was doing video for that game but they shaded blue.

You’re too smart for this board

VN Store

Back