Two choices moving forward for fans

Smartvol17

1. Accept that the football program is never coming back and we’re the new Kentucky. Just watch football for traditional sakes. When’s basketball season?
2. Stop watching this program be terrible every single year. “The definition of insanity is doing or expecting the same thing and expecting a different result.”

1. Accept that the football program is never coming back and we’re the new Kentucky. Just watch football for traditional sakes. When’s basketball season?
2. Stop watching this program be terrible every single year. “The definition of insanity is doing or expecting the same thing and expecting a different result.”

We can't be the new KY because they kicked our azz this year.

Good grief

There is another option which is by far the most attractive and likely (even though not dramatic enough to support venting and raw emotions prevalent on the forum at this point in time):
3. We had a nice winning/rebuilding/recruiting streak before we lost the last 3 games (2 against top 3 teams in the country, and one really bad loss in between) so we will regroup by taking advantage of an extra week to fix major issues that were identified and get back to winning streak against competition coming up until the end of the year, that happens to be closer match to our talent level right now.

Seems I remember this talk a few years back. IIRC, didn't work then either.

Far more than two choices, @Smartvol17. You only name two. But there are many, many more.

For instance, here's the choice I intend to follow:

3. Continue to demand excellence, but not be a spoiled child about it. Instead, support the Volunteers fervently, fanatically, and when things are down, put on more steam.

See? More choices.

Go Vols!

I refuse to live in a black & white world. One where there are only two options.
There are many shades of gray that I can think of.

So our choices, according to you, are to either accept sucking or stop watching? Is this thread really your best contribution to VN?

Alright. You said it. You live by it. Starting now. Which one do you choose @Smartvol17 ?

I'll be watching and hold you to it.

Seriously people, gotta stop this woe is me whining. Granted, I dont like us losing any more than any of you do but 2 of those game were to the #2 and #3 teams in the country and with our QB situation we are nowhere near that.

As much as I hate to admit it, losing to GA and AL this year does not surprise or even upset me. The KY loss absolutely pissed me off and the only one I can say we were embarrassed. Yes, it was likely due to the letdown after the GA loss but no excuse for that sorry excuse for a game and every player and every coach should should feel the sting of that shame going forward.

That said, games against AL and GA will not define this season. Next couple of games will. Game against Florida will. Lets see how we bounce back, how we play out the year before running around with the sky falling. Yes, the QB issue concerns me but there are other areas of weakness as well. Most thought with all SEC schedule we were good for a max of winning 6-7 games. That is still possible. So lets slow our roll and look forward to the next game in the meantime.

Option 5 or 6 or whatever we are up to:

Use the games as an excuse to drink and enjoy time with friends and family and drink and do tailgating activities like drinking.

Next option: post and vent about how bad they suck on VN thus increasing traffic for Freak and stop taking all this BS so seriously

Not according to Merriam-Webster

insanity
noun

In·san·i·ty | \ in-ˈsa-nə-tē

plural insanities

Definition of insanity

1 dated : a severely disordered state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder

2 law : unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand that prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or that releases one from criminal or civil responsibility

3a : extreme folly or unreasonableness the insanity of violence. "His comments were pure insanity."

b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable. "the insanities of modern life"

VN Store

Back