Twitter

Chrome. Using the Duck Duck Go extension

DuckDuckGo markets itself as a private search engine that hinders the ability of sites to collect information about your searches. I think this might be why certain links don't show up (Twitter, for instance). You could try to check your search settings and see if changing them helps. Just a guess on my part.

Reactions: sjt18
Chrome. Using the Duck Duck Go extension
Within the extension you may be able to disable “privacy protection”. That blocks embedded content from social media companies which often includes tracking codes. I’m not on twitter, but if you are and are logged in then you might be able to see tweets even with this enabled. Not sure

Within the extension you may be able to disable “privacy protection”. That blocks embedded content from social media companies which often includes tracking codes. I’m not on twitter, but if you are and are logged in then you might be able to see tweets even with this enabled. Not sure
I tried the latter and it didn't work. I had turned my Twitter account off earlier when they were really censoring political speech a lot. Seldom use it. Don't really care for the format. But info does come out that way quickly.

I'll just use Edge if I want to see something that's hidden. Spam email has improved since I added the extension. I don't get pop-ups any more.

Reactions: Hacksaw
I tried the latter and it didn't work. I had turned my Twitter account off earlier when they were really censoring political speech a lot. Seldom use it. Don't really care for the format. But info does come out that way quickly.

I'll just use Edge if I want to see something that's hidden. Spam email has improved since I added the extension. I don't get pop-ups any more.
You could also use a vpn service and then turn the privacy protection off. Not quite the same as blocking the embed all-together but it at least would mask your IP and you’d still get the other benefits of the extension.

You could also use a vpn service and then turn the privacy protection off. Not quite the same as blocking the embed all-together but it at least would mask your IP and you’d still get the other benefits of the extension.
I use Surfshark VPN and have to add sites to my whitelist now and again.

VN Store

Back