Twitter champions here?

s
Since your preaching this morning. Why would a player who had his life threatened and family sent hate msgs continue to put himself in the spotlight ???
No excuse for the ugliness shown to JG.

With that said, he has experienced the bad on many occasions as it relates to social media. I for one consider these "young adults" to be just that, adults. At some point, they have to realize, if you're going to put yourself out there, you better be thick skinned. After all, he did say he received death threat and ill will toward himself and family. Really....what did he think was going to happen?
Am I missing something? His tweet simply says that he has unfinished business and that he'll be here next year. He didn't complain about the replies. Others just find some replies to be inappropriate. More importantly, social media is ultimately irrelevant. He plays the most glamorous position in the sport for one of the most prestigious programs in the country. He can't avoid the spotlight unless he leaves. I understand that some would prefer he do just that, but he isn't. Deal with it.

Am I missing something? His tweet simply says that he has unfinished business and that he'll be here next year. He didn't complain about the replies. Others just find some replies to be inappropriate. More importantly, social media is ultimately irrelevant. He plays the most glamorous position in the sport for one of the most prestigious programs in the country. He can't avoid the spotlight unless he leaves. I understand that some would prefer he do just that, but he isn't. Deal with it.
Umm...Who/deal with what?

Umm...Who/deal with what?
Deal with him being a quarterback at the University of Tennessee. You may not be one of the people hoping he transfers in which case my statement does not apply to you. However, many have explicitly stated that they want him to leave. He isn't. They need to deal with it.

I deleted Facebook in 2009, couldn't imagine the crap on there today

Way back there (don't remember how far, 10 yrs is likely) Tried F Book for a few days, had dozens of friend requests from people I never heard of. Was uncomfortable disregarding, ignoring, or saying no, so just decided to get the hell of "this thing". As time has gone on, sure glad I did. I, like you am/would find F book beyond imagination. Am called to see a few things by my wife now and then, she spends more time on F book than do VolNation. Shame she can't use her time as well as I us mine!

No Twitter. This is my only social media.
tenor.gif

Yes he is in spotlight regardless cuz of his position. But answer my question why add to that???
If he was an actor or coach (mcelwain) who made thise same claims people would want to know and truth would come out...but people want to view him as a kid not a 22-23 year old man...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm nowhere near Boomer either, but I want to use a flamethrower every time some dumbass says that lol.
I bet that dudes older than me.

I find a large social media presence troubling..too many ex girlfriends

Yes he is in spotlight regardless cuz of his position. But answer my question why add to that???
If he was an actor or coach (mcelwain) who made thise same claims people would want to know and truth would come out...but people want to view him as a kid not a 22-23 year old man...
I can't answer your question as I am neither Jarrett nor a member of his family. I'm not on Twitter. I don't see the appeal. I'll reiterate that I don't think social media is relevant. I said the same when he mentioned receiving threats. Social media isn't the problem. It's merely a conduit. There's a long list of celebrities who received threats or were actually attacked long before the internet existed, let alone Facebook and Twitter, For the record, I think it's perfectly reasonable to question whether the threats occurred at all. I don't think it's reasonable to blame him in any capacity if the threats did occur. Sure, such behavior is unfortunately common with even a modicum of celebrity, but it should never become acceptable. In this specific instance, he just shared an image saying that he has unfinished business. People responding to that with such negativity are lame as hell. As for his age, well, I don't know about you, but I was pretty stupid at 22. I act much differently at 36, and I would expect to be treated differently in turn.

Reactions: vollygirl
I like Twitter because I have a good bit of friends that are musicians and I keep up with them on there. But I never have and never will follow or tweet at a recruit or player. Not for UT or any other school. That just seems crazy to me.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I don’t understand the hate for him. It’s not his fault if he plays. Someone else makes that decision.
Absolutely correct. The kid is simply following his dream to play college ball. No fault in that. Somebody puts him in that position.

I am thankful for the anonymity that Div. III ball gives my kid and his teammates. I'm no fan of JG, but I would lose my mind as a father if so much ugliness was aimed directly at him.

I can't answer your question as I am neither Jarrett nor a member of his family. I'm not on Twitter. I don't see the appeal. I'll reiterate that I don't think social media is relevant. I said the same when he mentioned receiving threats. Social media isn't the problem. It's merely a conduit. There's a long list of celebrities who received threats or were actually attacked long before the internet existed, let alone Facebook and Twitter, For the record, I think it's perfectly reasonable to question whether the threats occurred at all. I don't think it's reasonable to blame him in any capacity if the threats did occur. Sure, such behavior is unfortunately common with even a modicum of celebrity, but it should never become acceptable. In this specific instance, he just shared an image saying that he has unfinished business. People responding to that with such negativity are lame as hell. As for his age, well, I don't know about you, but I was pretty stupid at 22. I act much differently at 36, and I would expect to be treated differently in turn.
+1

People are idiots. You need to realize that prior to opening a twitter account. Doesnt condone the morons who trash a kid, but at the same time if you are a public figure and voluntarily post your life, you have to be able to handle to trolls and idiots of this world.

Im sure a lot of the more ignorant posters here participated. Of course they won't be man enough to admit to it.

I have 0 social media. But if I did, I’d say thanks for laying it all out there for us kid. BUT we want more than mediocre for our program. Step aside and let one of these young, more talented kids step in and grow with the program.

I don’t agree with grown men bashing a kid, but I see nothing wrong with the truth either. If you put your life on social media, you can go ahead and assume people are going to insert themselves into your life, whether it be good or bad. I’m sure he knows that comes with the territory by now.

I have 0 social media. But if I did, I’d say thanks for laying it all out there for us kid. BUT we want more than mediocre for our program. Step aside and let one of these young, more talented kids step in and grow with the program.

I think Coach Pruitt would be happy you spoke for him too.

Reactions: EastTNVol6240

VN Store

Back