Twitter account posing as Vol coach scamming recruits

Social media can be a great place for young athletes to build a brand and grow a name for themselves in a positive light. On the other had, it can sometimes be a place where bad-faith actors take advantage of athletes trying to break into college athletics.

An example of the latter was discovered by USA Academy Director of Player Personnel and Football Operations Kenyatta Watson on Tuesday. Watson, a former Texas Longhorn, also works as a consultant for recruits and noticed something fishy about one Twitter user posing as a Tennessee assistant coach.

LOOK: Twitter account posing as Vol coach scamming recruits

feathersax

I would assume by UT Athletics have contacted all recruits, families, HS Coaches and recruiters to warn of these BS Scammers.

Somebody give me a name and I will call my "Uncle Vito" who's in "Waste Management" to take care of the problem!
"It's done".

Attachments

stevenrich2003

Honestly, If he would have asked me to cash app him the money I would have been suspicious right then and there. That should have thrown up a red flag. I would have then contacted the school and made sure that this guy was legit.

VN Store

Sponsors