Tweeting Recruits

GAfan2123

B53FEFF2-14BE-4B37-872F-357740E0AD17.png

I know that all fan bases do this, Georgia fans included. However, I will never understand why people feel the need to talk negatively to recruits on twitter.

Georgia made an image of Milton with his grandfather who passed away, that’s what the original post was

There are way more rival fans creating fake accounts and tweeting at recruits than fan accounts tweeting at recruits. Recruits are young enough to know how social media works in this day and age and only use the negative posts to justify going to a program and/or make a rival program look bad.

LOL from just skimming the recent posts on his twitter account it looks like he loves the attention.

Reactions: SweetDaddy
I will also add that any coach that complains about fans posting on message boards or social media does not understand how social media works and often soon after find themselves unemployed. ie Fulmer, Trooper Taylor, ect.

There are way more rival fans creating fake accounts and tweeting at recruits than fan accounts tweeting at recruits. Recruits are young enough to know how social media works in this day and age and only use the negative posts to justify going to a program and/or make a rival program look bad.

The guy has now changed his name to appear to be a Georgia fan.

You are probably right, I am sure there are several people to pose to be a fan of a certain team just to make negative comments.

I will still never understand it, regardless of team

I know that all fan bases do this, Georgia fans included. However, I will never understand why people feel the need to talk negatively to recruits on twitter

Yeah, unfortunately, stupid fan bases just come with the territory in the SEC. Every school has them.

Well, except, Vandy, but that's only because they only have 7 fans.

People on social media aren't always what they seem to be....

Signed,

Manti Teo

@secking hey have you seen this guys like to post ratio... you might of just been demoted to second GA poster....

haha I am on most discussion boards, but I don't come to them and post to be disrespectful. The discussion boards are a great resource for me to gain knowledge of the rival teams as well as recruiting information.

The guy has now changed his name to appear to be a Georgia fan.

You are probably right, I am sure there are several people to pose to be a fan of a certain team just to make negative comments.

I will still never understand it, regardless of team

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Every fan base has their fair share of online and call in show idiots. And if there was some way to count them, I think we would find both the Dogs and the Vols are in the top ten in that ranking. Remember the crying guy wanting Richt fired? Worse than dogs with their attention getting behavior.

Yeah it could be another teams fan.But its just as likely, if not more likely, that it is a hometown neighbor of Mama June and Honey Boo Boo.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Im not sure that many recruits pay much attention to what people are saying on social media (could be wrong) but when they are in the process of making a decision I've noticed that the parents surely do.
I know of a situation where this happened and the parents halted any possibility of their child being turned over to what they described as "Such a disgusting fan base"(not UT). We should all be careful because these recruits also have representatives that truly care about them.

I will never understand twitter, Instagram or Facebook for the most part.

I have a Facebook page I use to post pictures that mean a lot to me....trips to the beach or mountains with kids. Moments at Disneyworld or Kings Island.

Dinners with the wife.

Stuff I will look back on decades from now and smile remembering the life I lived with my family.

But people who are constantly taking pictures of themselves, or Starbucks, or shopping, that is just a daily routine type of activity.....sheesh, get over yourself.

I know I am old now and no longer hip but for Gods sake we are such a self indulged, egotistical society anymore.

People on social media aren't always what they seem to be....

Signed,

Manti Teo
te-oing.jpg

Any anonymous communication should be take for what it is. Lack of accountability for any lame or disgusting remark is the reason messaging can get so ridiculous.

Who really cares?

If a recruit gets offended by a fan acting a fool, so be it. People need to learn that not everyone likes you and not everyone is nice regardless if you are helping them or not.

People take the internet too seriously.

Twitter has to be one of the worst inventions in the history of civilization. When people said that the atomic bomb would end our way of life, Jack Dorsey said, "Hold my beer."

We live in a world where people communicate more on social media than they do face to face.

If you want to say something to a recruit then you have the right to do so.

They arent children and if they want to base a 4-5 year decision on one fan's comments then they arent mature enough to be doing so.

We currently are recruiting a young man who's father played here and who's brother is a traitor and Ive told him more than once to go play with his brother and we dont want him.

VN Store

Back