Turning the Corner

Someone mentioned that Tamari would rather play against size. She has had good results IMO and will get a chance to play on the big stage against a quality big on Thursday. How well she does in this matchup may well decide the game.

Tamari disrupted UConn's inside game. She didn't decide the game but more than did her part.

She threw away her WNBA future due to her loyalty to Holly.

Sooo many of those players hurt their careers playing under Holly.. and it should be called out. When people say we have an issue with recruiting, understand that we were getting top classes for years that went undeveloped.

Jaime, Burdick, Graves, JJ, Nia Moore, Middleton, Meme, Dunbar all had talent, skill, and will. But no development at all.

I think Key played well against UCONN. In fact she did better than I expected. She got in a little foul trouble but she did not back down. Burrell played lock down defense on UCONN’s super freshman. The D was not bad but the offense sucked in the third quarter. Horston tried a couple of tear drop shots which were blocked. Davis never really got untraced. We needed someone to pick up the offense when UCONN decided to contain Burrell and no one really answered the call.

Sooo many of those players hurt their careers playing under Holly.. and it should be called out. When people say we have an issue with recruiting, understand that we were getting top classes for years that went undeveloped.

Jaime, Burdick, Graves, JJ, Nia Moore, Middleton, Meme, Dunbar all had talent, skill, and will. But no development at all.

Yep

sad react :(

great possibility as nobody on that team even speaks to her..not even her fellow 2017 recruiting class member Rennia
We all know how disastrous Holly's tenure was. The whole Te'a Cooper thing was a mess, and I doubt she keeps in touch with any of her old teammates. Diamond didn't leave on good terms. Middleton doesn't seem to talk much about her time at Tennessee. I don't think Rennia (or Evina, for that matter) is in touch with Anastasia Hayes. I believe that Zaay Green unfollowed all of her old teammates on social media. I have no idea of Massengill or Mimi Collins have stayed in touch with any of their former teammates. That's why I roll my eyes when people try to paint Evina like she was some bad seed. The entire program was a complete dumpster fire and Holly had completely lost control of the entire team.

Aah. Just hate that everything turned out the way it did.

You and me both. I loved Evina's game and thought she was going to be one of the Tennessee greats. It just svcks how things turned sour all around.

We all know how disastrous Holly's tenure was. The whole Te'a Cooper thing was a mess, and I doubt she keeps in touch with any of her old teammates. Diamond didn't leave on good terms. Middleton doesn't seem to talk much about her time at Tennessee. I don't think Rennia (or Evina, for that matter) is in touch with Anastasia Hayes. I believe that Zaay Green unfollowed all of her old teammates on social media. I have no idea of Massengill or Mimi Collins have stayed in touch with any of their former teammates. That's why I roll my eyes when people try to paint Evina like she was some bad seed. The entire program was a complete dumpster fire and Holly had completely lost control of the entire team.

You and me both. I loved Evina's game and thought she was going to be one of the Tennessee greats. It just svcks how things turned sour all around.
Zaay is still very close with Rae and the others just not Rennia..she unfollowed Rennia only on Instagram for some reason
Jaz left on good terms with everybody for all I know
Te'a Cooper is actually in touch with everybody besides Jamie Nared (they fought each other🙃)
and Diamond is close with many of her old teammates besides Jaime....Rennia and Meme even went to one of her WNBA games 2 years ago

the only person who isnt in even in touch with 1 person is Evina.

the only person who isnt in even in touch with 1 person is Evina.

Westbrook made post-game comments (paraphrasing here) that her goal in the game wasn't to prove some people wrong but to prove the people who have supported her (UConn teammates, coaches, and fans) right. Sorry, wish I had the actual quote on hand.

The gist is that she's still sore at Tennessee program in its entirety and has a big axe to grind. Evidently that includes those of us who supported her when she was here and likely includes former teammates. Well, good for her, I guess, that she can sleep more easily now knowing that she was instrumental in defeating the program she hates. Hate to think how she would have felt if we had pulled out the win, especially if she had choked. And if we don't play again until after she's used up her eligibility, she might never have recovered.

Personally, most of us moved on after she left and just regard her as another opponent with only slightly more interest in her performance against us than, say, Williams, whose output did more damage. It is a little sad to see the level of resentment she still has, but maybe now she can let it go, as the song goes.

Meanwhile, we have far more important matters at hand...namely, Kentucky.

coincidence that Rae just posted this
View attachment 342710
Out of all of the transfers, Zaay is the one player we are missing the most IMO. You could tell Kellie was really excited about getting her back. She spoke just as highly of Zaay as she did Rae and I believe it was because you always knew they would play hard and both had a constant motor. Too bad things ended the way they did.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think the biggest problem /issue with some of these players under Holly's tenure especially the last two or three years was the alternate culture .

Reactions: dapeak
People tried to say we only had athletes and not ball players. We had both. SHE didn’t know what to do with them, and it was easier to blame them than her for most people. And there are a myriad of reasons as to why that was, but people need to talk to themselves about that.

Also, the way people talked about Evina... let’s not act like most people on here wished her the best due to her situation. However, I do. I wish we’d won but I’m happy for her to be doing well despite the circumstances, these are actual lives and young women we’re talking about. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Reactions: Amb3096
People tried to say we only had athletes and not ball players. We had both. SHE didn’t know what to do with them, and it was easier to blame them than her for most people. And there are a myriad of reasons as to why that was, but people need to talk to themselves about that.

Also, the way people talked about Evina... let’s not act like most people on here wished her the best due to her situation. However, I do. I wish we’d won but I’m happy for her to be doing well despite the circumstances, these are actual lives and young women we’re talking about. 🤷🏿‍♂️

She's a good kid,,,The other team families who know her, still consider her a great person. And that's good enough for me.

She shouldn't have had to answer questions like those posed to her in the first place,,,what else could she say,,,YAY Holly! No, she only said what the VAST majority wanted to say bit didn't have the cochungas to say it.

I respect the kid. . . Prefer that she went home scoreless and without impact, but nonetheless, I harbor no ill feelings towards her at this time

VN Store

Back