Turner

Once everyone decided to play defense things went great. Love that Turner had such a big impact without scoring. Nkamhoua is very impactful with limited minutes. Hopefully he and James continue to grow up fast. Hats off to Bowden. He was making some tough shot. Also hats off to Fulkerson for dealing with that big big post player for Murray. That guy was shoving with extended arms at times and wasn't getting called for it. Fulky looked like a rag doll. If we can get this offense from Pons in SEC play we should be in the low 20s in wins. Maybe more.

He had surgery as soon as the tourney was over, right? I'd just assumed they could get that fixed during the off season. Unfortunate for him and us.

Hopefully nothing serious and he’s not in much pain. But honestly, if it limits his shots and leads to him having a mindset of distributing the ball first, the team will be a lot better for it.
I agree, and that will give Bowden more opportunities to take shots, provided he brings that assertiveness on offense consistently enough. They both played great last night.

Hopefully nothing serious and he’s not in much pain. But honestly, if it limits his shots and leads to him having a mindset of distributing the ball first, the team will be a lot better for it.
He needs to be able to hit shots. He was way off last night and it was obvious something was wrong. If teams don't have to respect his shot because of that injured shoulder, opponents will know. He will not be able to distribute as well as he did last night.

It is just odd for me to see Turner as the Point, I'm used to him being on the wing. I know he would come in last season and relieve Bone at times. He has taken the new role and has done very well..... keep it up Mr. Turner

He needs to be able to hit shots. He was way off last night and it was obvious something was wrong. If teams don't have to respect his shot because of that injured shoulder, opponents will know. He will not be able to distribute as well as he did last night.
Agreed. He needs to be a threat to shoot and make shots from the perimeter or his dribble drive will be affected as opponents just sag off of him and make getting into the paint more difficult.

We don't need him to score 20 points a game but we need him shooting a decent percentage and in the low teens at least. We just simply don't have enough scoring options. If he is truly injured then it will eventually effect more than just shooting. We need everyone at 100 percent.

Not good that his shoulder is bothering him just 2 games into the year. I had hoped that was taken care of in the offseason.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back