Turner not happy/Talk about the foul

Barnes:
"It was a foul," Barnes said. "It was a foul. He missed the shot. Lamonte hit him after the shot. ... It was three feet out of his hand when he hit him. We know the rule. You've got to allow the shooter to come back down."

"It's a tough one, because in that situation, we know we can't foul there and they've got to make that shot," Barnes said. "But we wouldn't have been in that situation to come back in that game if it wasn't for Lamonte."

Doesn't that put it to rest?
No. The poster is insisting that the narrative should be that it was a 2 shot foul. It wasn't and never will be. Use whatever words you want, both players were in the air when the miniscule contact was made. It was a 3 shot foul. I don't care what he thinks CRB meant. It occurred during the ACT of shooting which on a 3 point shot is through landing.

Damn, I thought I didn't know what the rules are.

No. The poster is insisting that the narrative should be that it was a 2 shot foul. It wasn't and never will be. Use whatever words you want, both players were in the air when the miniscule contact was made. It was a 3 shot foul. I don't care what he thinks CRB meant. It occurred during the ACT of shooting which on a 3 point shot is through landing.

Damn, I thought I didn't know what the rules are.

I replied to the subject thread, not you.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Supposed to give the shooter room to land. But I still hate calls like that to decide a game.

Way more so. He clearly moved into his landing space. The leg being kicked out wasn't a factor for auburn
Yep, agreed. In an attempt to remove any bias, I would have been upset with no call there as a UVA fan, whereas I wouldn't have been upset as a Purdue fan if there was no call at the end on Turner.

Yep, agreed. In an attempt to remove any bias, I would have been upset with no call there as a UVA fan, whereas I wouldn't have been upset as a Purdue fan if there was no call at the end on Turner.

Agreed

Unfortunate for auburn be certainly a foul. Live i didn't think that way but seeing the replay it was the correct call

VN Store

Back