Tuesday Scrimmage Notes

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Looks like walk on David Yancey had another good day: 92 yards on 8 carries. Fulmer said he has earned playing time with his effort and attitude. Not so good for the QB's:

C.J. Leak finished 3-for-12 passing for 52 yards and a touchdown of 46 yards to Bill Grimes. Rick Clausen added 6-of-14 passing for 56 yards.

We are gonna be in trouble this year if C.J. is our quarterback. He can't run, he can't pass and he makes bad decisions. Tennessee doesn't seem to ba able to defend the pass so we are gonna make up for it by not completing any passes. It seems like eternity since we had someone with a nose for the ball and the hands to catch it (where's Deon Grant when you need him). Rashad Baker was supposed to be it and he did ok, but what happened to the rest? I sure hope this young bunch pans out or it's gonna look like a track-meet in our secondary AGAIN!!!

This QB thing is starting to scare me. I really thought one of them was going to step up!!! I really hope one of our freshman blow us away, but what are we going to do until then.......... :unsure: :dunno: :cross:

Originally posted by jjvolfan1@Apr 14, 2004 9:38 AM
We are gonna be in trouble this year if C.J. is our quarterback. He can't run, he can't pass and he makes bad decisions. Tennessee doesn't seem to ba able to defend the pass so we are gonna make up for it by not completing any passes. It seems like eternity since we had someone with a nose for the ball and the hands to catch it (where's Deon Grant when you need him). Rashad Baker was supposed to be it and he did ok, but what happened to the rest? I sure hope this young bunch pans out or it's gonna look like a track-meet in our secondary AGAIN!!!

First of all, Welcome to VolNation!! :welcome:

I think the QB is a huge concern regardless of who it is. CJ is the most mature and has been in our system the longest so naturally he is our best bet. Clausen may have a little better feel for the game itself but does not have very good arm strength. The real question is going to be how long will it take to get one of the freshman "game ready".

VN Store

Back